Reviews by falona19

falona19's avatar
    falona19

Showtime by Kylie Minogue

I favor a bunch of scents but this one is my most favored one! Maybe because I love to smell like what I love to eat - CANDY SUGAR OVERLOAD. If you don't want to smell like a walking diabetes time bomb, don't buy this. Its cheap and its fantastic. Im on my second bottle! I wore this a lot while I first started seeing my boyfriend two years ago and 'showtime' is attached to some great memories of when we first started out. It smells like sugar and rose and strawberries - which are the strongest notes in the perfume. This doesn't appeal to many people but I for one love the sugary perfumes. I dislike vanilla notes and this one has little to none except for when it dies down. I don't like the scent it dies down to. It smells weak and dead but I still love it anyway and keep spraying it as if its water. It makes me happy. I cant seem to find it in stores so I had to find me 2nd bottle online.

29 February, 2012

Baby Doll Paris by Yves Saint Laurent

I only use this perfume as I have good memories connected with it and with every spray comes a good memory of my High school days and times with my girlfriends! I remember as a young teen buying the imitation versions of this. The imitation was a lot better as its top notes weren't so strong. My girlfriends and I always wore this perfume which is probably why I like it but if it weren't for this, I probably would never use it. It is too strong, too rosey-grape fruity and it tends to just punch you, rather than drag you in. The notes are all too strong for me but as I said before, good memories are attached to this scent and unfortunately, the scent itself is far too sweet and strong at the same time. I use it as car perfume or linen perfume but the 100 ml bottle won't seem to run out fast enough. the 100 ml bottle has lasted me over a year.

29 February, 2012

Fuel For Life pour Homme by Diesel

I absolutely love this perfume. I am a female. I would wear this perfume myself, but it turns me on too much because it reminds me of the first time my boyfriend kissed me! Its a very strange, sweet smell which I like. I noticed that there were many negative comments - especially ones saying that although they personally didn't like it, everyone else complimented the scent worn. I have the female version of this, the "fuel for life unlimited". It is very strange and different as well. This is definitely my favorite diesel perfume and I would call it unisex.

However, If my boyfriend didn't wear this perfume, I probably wouldn't be as attracted to it. I may be blinded and my opinions may be biased because this scent triggers a pleasant memory. If it were just a scent I had smelled while browsing at a perfume store - I probably wouldn't pay much attention to it because I like SAFE perfumes, but I must also say that as I'm growing older, my tastes are changing - and what I found "intolerable" before, I now find quite interesting... so I guess this perfume falls within my interesting list.

Green Tea by L'Occitane

Omg the worst version of green tea interpretation EVER!. It smells nasty like the effect whisky has on your nose. I'm very happy that the spray nozzle broke so that I'm not tempted to finish the bottle up by using it as toilet spray because it is very long lasting. I bought it 5 years ago and it has taken it this long to get to 1 cm left in the bottle because me and my mum dislike it so much.

So...? Sinful by So...? Fragrances

There is something wrong with the perfume of this. It smells very nice, sweet.. but it irritated my nose and although I LOVE the scent - I physically cannot bear to spray it otherwise I begin sneezing. Originally was AU$30 for 30 ml but the bottles have increased in size and decreased in price. Very nice designer fragrance. Sweet, fruity musk!

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

Girls like the fragrance. I am a female, and I'd always wear it to high school (all girls high school) and girls would turn around and ask "who smells nice?" and it would be me! girls love this perfume.. well it sat well on me anyway :) very sweet guys perfume.

Éclat d'Arpège by Lanvin

It smells a bit bland to me at first. Once it is washed out, it smells great - the base notes are very subtle. This seems like a picnic, kids party perfume. Definitely not for a night out or for a hot date! I do like it, but its weak and doesn't say much. It is like a weaker, more floral version of Light blue by D&G.

Harajuku Lovers - Baby by Gwen Stefani

I happen to LOVE this perfume! It smells exactly like a baby! Many people don't like it because of this fact, but you shouldn't dislike it because it smells like a baby - because its name is baby; go figure. I love the bottle, I love the perfume. I just wish it was more concentrated and lasted longer and was cheaper because 30ml for $60AU is a RIP OFF for a celebrity perfume. You could find much better value celeb perfumes such as paris hilton and britney spears which are often $45AU or less for 100ml. Apart from the price tag its good :)

I don't know where you would wear it though? Maybe at a picnic or something. Wearing it out to a club or party might attract creepy strangers who like kids..

16 April, 2009 (Last Edited: 21st May, 2009)

Cool Water by Davidoff

I LOVE this guy perfume. I'd even wear it daily. However I don't own it and I suspect that the base notes suck, and as someone said above, smells synthetic. It is a lot better than the female one though.

16 April, 2009

Oceanus by Body Shop

Im not a very big fan of Oceanus. I had an Oceanus set of bath salts and lotions etc and it smells like it has seaweed extract and it really stinks after a while.

28 November, 2008

Little Black Dress by Avon

I am an avon lady and it is definitely not discontinued. It is a very popular perfume, it is affordable and its classic. Its not my type of perfume but its so popular that it makes me want to buy it aswell!

28 November, 2008

Christina Aguilera by Christina Aguilera

Not my type. Its got this weirdly fruit top note. reminds me of alcohol/whiskey because of the colour. the base notes arent nice or alluring. it smells like medicine actually. medicine with vanilla.

Miami Glow by J.Lo by Jennifer Lopez

all my friends wore this perfume. I love it. I shouldnt bought one..now its discontinued. I wish they would bring it back! The only perfume that smells similar to that is "hypnose" by lancome and it costs around $90 :(

Curious by Britney Spears

I love it. unfortunately it doesnt last longer than 20 minutes on me. great price, great smell..the bottles cute. Not something id wear to a fancy dinner party..but definitely one of my favz

Opium by Yves Saint Laurent

Gives me a headache. Im not into the strong, wintery scents though. it really does make me sick.. great bottle though! the base notes are alright

Hypnôse by Lancôme

I LOVE IT. the base tones are amazing. alluring. stuff that you'd want to create memories to

10th November, 2007

Rockin' Rio by Escada

bright, fruity..almost sour. I bought it because the bottle was pretty and because they didnt have samples. It was fresh - something you'd wear to the beach. my friends liked it but i just wanted to finish it. 5/10

10th November, 2007