Reviews by diamontes

Hugo by Hugo Boss

It exudes a strong masculine aura. Very musky and is in your face confident type of fragrance. I love this fragrance and definitely can recognise it if someone has it on.

And i am not afraid to admit, it leaves me quite flustered when applied by a male who is just that, confident and manly. Yummy.

I can see how it wouldn't appeal to everyone, it's quite unique and unless you are a fan of manly musk, you would most likely hate it.

I associate this scent with a guy who is not afraid to show a bit of pride in his appearance with an outgoing and charming personality. Definitely not for a teen boy, perhaps more fit for a sexy young adult bachelor.

Notes as described on fragranceheaven.com.au:

Top notes include green apple, spearmint, lavender and grapefruit, with heart notes of carnation, sage and geranium. Base notes combine pine, vetiver, patchouli and moss

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

I love this on a man. I can recognise it a mile away. it's such a nice alluring, fresh sweet aquatic fragrance that is so pleasing and welcoming. I bought this for my man but i think he hates it because it smells more fruity and femme rather than emanating masculinity so he gave it to his gay brother. sigh.

Nonetheless, i love it muchly and i don't hold back from telling those who wear it that i love it.

The bottle itself is nothing fancy pants but it's certainly nice.

Notes as described on fragranceheaven.com.au:

Notes include marine notes, mandarin, bergamot, neroli, persimmon, rosemary, nasturtium, jasmine, amber, patchouli and cistus. It is recommended for casual wear.

Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana

I like this fragrance very much. It opens up with a freshness that i cannot describe in words. It's not overbearing. It stands out from other fragrances as it is quite unique.

Fresh, hints of floral with apple blossom. Perfect for those casual summer days. My words don't do it justice. I like that it isn't overpowering and that it's not too complex.

I can see why it is still rated as one of the most top selling fragrances for women =)

The bottle is quite simple. It is not misleading at all, as the fragrance also is quite simple...but so nice. When i look at it, reminds me of a clean crisp day at the beach.

Notes as described on fragranceheaven.com.au:

Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana is a delicious combination of lively Sicilian citron and effervescent Granny Smith Apples, which are softened and ethereally blended with the intensity of freesia, jasmine, earthy musk and amber to provide a stunning perfume that's both overwhelming and irresistible. It is recommended for casual wear.

Curious by Britney Spears

This is the first Britney fragrance i owned. My ex was sweet enough to get me the entire beauty set complete with body glitter roll and purse etc etc

The fragrance itself was beautiful. I did quite like this as a young freshman at University. I made me feel happy, vibrant, hopeful, playful and femme! It lacks elegance but i don't feel it was ever intended to be so. Sweet florals as top notes is what i can recall.

The reason why i give it a thumbs down is because of the overall quality. This was a very big disappointment for me. I had the atomiser version of the perfume because i loved how the creators of the bottle design blended modern with a hint of vintage. The atomiser failed to function only after a couple of weeks. We thought if we bought the version without the atomiser and just a normal spray, would take care of the problem. Within months of our new purchase, the perfume colour turned into a dark off urine yellow and there were crystalised formations in the centre of the liquid. To top it off, it no longer smelt as it had when we bought it a couple of months back. Very sad indeed.

The bottle design i did love. Very cute, chic and femme. Great addition to any girly dresser. And the atomiser was a big selling point for me.

I think the fragrance itself appeals to a young girly audience.

Notes as listed on fragranceheaven.com.au:

This fragrance's lively notes include Louisiana magnolia, golden anjou pear, lotus flower, tuberose, star jasmine, pink cyclamen, vanilla infused musk, sandalwood and blonde woods.

Fantasy by Britney Spears

My sister bought this for me knowing i liked Curious by Britney.

I didn't like it at first. I found it too overpowering with the sweet lychee musk exuding from the first spray. Over time, i think it grew on me a little. It definitely isn't a fragrance made for everyone's enjoyment as it is quite musky and unique.

It reminds me of an exotic lychee blend, dampening down to a warm musk. I think it's nicer to wear during winter where your body heat blends the fragrance to something a bit more welcoming and not totally overbearing.

The bottle design is exquisite. I love the choice of fuschia pink and green gems embedded in the bottle. It adds to that exotic tropics feel to the fragrance, something a bit mysterious and dark. I have a thing for bling sparklies so i loved this design very much!

It's hard to point to the exact intended audience but definitely a young age group of chickies from late teens to maybe late 20's? Of whom enjoy a fruity exuberant exotic fragrant.

Notes as described on fragranceheaven.com.au:

Top notes open with an enticing fruity mix of red lychee, quince and kiwi. Middle notes described as a playful tease, revealing jasmine flower and white chocolate orchid. Base notes combine orris, musks and woods.

Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears

I tried very hard to like this one because of the many positive reviews i had read online.

I. Hated. It.

It's an unusual blend of fruity smells that, to me, reminded me so much of an intoxicating syrup. It is quite sickening and reminds me of cheap imitation perfumes.

Eventually, i sold this on eBay to someone else who was happy to purchase it.

I think this fragrance would appeal to someone in their teeny boppy years who hasn't had much exposure to a wide range of fragrances as yet.

I loved the bottle design, very elegant and blingy on the dresser table. Too bad this was the only positive thing i could say about it.

Notes as described on fragranceheaven.com.au:

The perfume is described as an elixir of luscious fruits mingled with a seductive flowery bouquet with sensuous musks and dark amber.

Miami Glow by J.Lo by Jennifer Lopez

Upon initial application, the orange blossom citrus smell is predominant and bold. Underlying is the coconut tropical scent with some florals seeping through. Mellows down and the vanilla eventually makes a bold appearance.

Definitely a summer scent! Not too bad as some have described. But nothing bold enough to stand out on it's own and it's staying power isn't great.

I bought this blindly because of it's popularity on fragrancenet in positive reviews and it was also quite cheap.

Certainly not the best fragrance out there to choose from but it is certainly not the worst either.

The bottle design is a bit tacky with the colourful threaded bracelet around the neck. It says on the box that the bracelet can be worn but i sure as hell wouldn't. Not very elegant or creative, quite plain.

This is a wearable, not overpowering and a nice subtle summer fragrance great for very casual outtings.

I think this fragrance would be loved by someone who likes femininity, hints of coconut and a predominance orange blossom in a perfume.

Notes as described on fragranceheaven.com.au:

Top notes include pink grapefruit, passionfruit and coconut water, with heart notes of orange blossom, heliotrope and cyclamen. Base notes combine amber, musk and vanilla orchid.

Marshmallow by MOR Cosmetics

I used to wonder what scent my co-worker had on until one day she offered me some of her "Marshmallow" Mor hand cream and it was then that i realised exactly what this beautiful scent was.

The name Marshmallow was chosen to describe the actual Marshmallow flower whose scientific name is Althaea Officinalis and not in reference to the soft fluffy lolly/candy. It leaves a lingering girly pink musk lolly scent with an underlying powdery floral base that I and my sister find very alluring. I think it best suits a youthful, young and very feminine/girl audience.

I can see why it is their best selling line. I own almost all of their Marshmallow range from lotions, bathing elixir, lip balms/nectars to their perfume and body oil.

It will most likely be more favoured by those who like sweet powdery fragrances.

I have been complimented on this scent on many occassions =)

From the MOR website, it is described as follows:

The MOR Marshmallow fragrance is collectively orchestrated with Vanilla Musk and Jasmine Flower that gloriously rapture in this pretty, feminine fragrance. Sugar dipped Rose petals with White Carnation and Cotton Candy play beautifully to create a deliciously sweet perfume.

12 May, 2011 (Last Edited: 13 May, 2011)

Paris Hilton by Paris Hilton

I used to wear this fragrance everyday as my signature scent. I enjoyed the fruity sweet scent with a very minimal hint of floral, it made me feel optimistic and teeny boppy young. My friend liked it so much on me, she bought one herself. However, now that i own more fragrances, i have come to realise how it does not compare to other fragrances that are on the market.

The bottle design is very cheap though. The black wiggly lines you see on the bottle is actually a clear sticker with the lines on it, wrapped around the bottle. Not very impressive on the dresser and i sense the intended audience was for a young teen, still in school and still going through puberty.

I think it would appeal more to young girls who are just discovering perfumes who are into a medium sweet fruity fragrance.

It's not absolutely terrible...but it does not compare to other fragrances that are out there.

Notes as described on fragranceheaven.com.au:

Top notes include frozen apple, peach nectar, wet ozone and muguet, with heart notes of freesia, mimosa, jasmine and tuberose. Base notes combine skin musk, sandalwood, ylang-ylang, oakmoss and pheromone.

Heiress by Paris Hilton

This perfume is terrible and tacky.

I don't know which was worse, the tacky chunky glitter bottle in which the fragrance is contained or the fragrance itself...

I liked the release of Paris' self titled perfume, the sweetness appealed to me and I was very happy to have received it as part of a gift pack. This was why I thought I would not be disappointed with Heiress. I was so wrong.

It smells very very cheap. It does have a sweet linger to it, but this mix just did not do it for me. It reminded me of those imitation cheap fragrances that aren't too nice and just overly sugary. Kind of like sugar water.

The bottle design itself is so so tacky. That chunky glitter backdrop makes me feel like this was meant for a Barbie and Dora the Explorer fan based audience. It is quite embarrassing and cheap looking amongst my collection of fragrances.

I think this would appeal to a very young teen based audience whom have not tried many fragrances as yet and enjoy a very sweet candy smell.

I honestly could not detect much floral scents if they were there.

As described by fragranceheaven.com.au:

Heiress by Paris Hilton is a fruity floral juice opens with top notes of passion fruit, orange, peach granita and champagne mimosa, unfolding into heart notes of star jasmine, tiare flower, ylang ylang, honeysuckle, dewberry blossom and grenadine, with a dry-down of violet leaf, vetiver, Tahitian tonka and blonde woods. It is recommended for casual wear.

Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker

I'll be honest. I hate this scent. I tried to like it, i bought it blindly off this fragrance site i regularly buy from and they had this on sale...I soon realised why. The initial smell reminded me of a nauseating bathroom air refreshner. Very florally, which usually i would love, but this was just a bit much for me. I didn't like it at all. I thought maybe after a couple of hours it would dry into something more pleasant but for me, it just didn't work.

I soon sold this on ebay and was so thankful someone else liked it enough to buy it.

I think this would appeal to ladies who enjoy a soapy clean bathroom floral refreshner smell.

The bottle design is quite lovely and girly, that i did like. It makes a nice elegant accessory on the dresser.

Notes as described by fragranceheaven.com.au:

Top notes include mandarin, rosewood, lavender, apple martini and bergamot, with heart notes of orchid and patchouli. Dry down notes combine cedar, white amber, woods and musk. It is recommended for daytime wear.