Reviews by Devo

Oud Fleur by Tom Ford

Rose, oud, spice and then a disconcerting breaking wind of fecal civit like in Muscs Koublai Khan. Thankfully, that gas passes quickly and the subsequent dry down remains consistent for three hours of warm, sensuous, unsweetened, spicy rose and dry oud. My husband did notify me that it remained after I left the room but he was not complaining. After a few hours, it was gone.
25th February, 2014

Tubéreuse Criminelle by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

After waiting two weeks for a partial bell jar from TPC, I just got it today. I had a set of the wax testers from SL and was quite surprised at the difference. At the first blast of wintergreen, I thought there must be some mistake. I'd heard about the rubber tire, but this was a poke in the nose. Ten minutes later and I am in love. It is ethereal. This is much nicer than Carnal Flower. I just ordered Cuir Mauresque (not from TPC- I'm too old to wait that long again) based on the wax samples and I hope that there isn't a similar shock at opening. I think the wax samples lose the lighter, more volatile aspects of a perfume but are true for the dry down.
09th January, 2012

Sublime Vanille by Creed

The first note was the citrus elements of rich lemon with a hint of bergamot. This warmed to a sweet vanilla musk with the accent on musk. The tonka bean gives it an understated tobacco earthiness that make it truly unisex. It is humidor meets candy store. Very nice when layered with Spice and Wood for a man.
14th May, 2011 (last edited: 23rd May, 2011)