Reviews by wyldaeval

wyldaeval's avatar
    wyldaeval

Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland

Not much I can add to all the wonderful reviews it's already received so I'll keep it very short. It starts out quietly and mellows beautifully as clean, green, and refreshing. My hubby and I both enjoy wearing it, though sometimes I layer it with a dab of something floral or slightly sweet and citrus-y. :)

08 June, 2011

Avatar by Coty

I first smelled this on a coworker and asked what it was. Later, I noticed I'd try to "get a whiff" of him every time he passed by...so I had to get my hubby a bottle. For an inexpensive cologne I think it's wonderfully clean and sexy.

07 June, 2011

Jasmal by Creed

Heavenly, gently intoxicating scent. Feels like I'm back in Cali on a warm summer evening inhaling the wonderful night-blooming jasmine that surrounded my balcony. Unfortunately, the scent from the flowers lasted longer.

Cinnabar by Estée Lauder

It's nice but overpowering. The only time I might use it is in a smoke-filled casino...and I rarely go to those.

Mimosa by Madini

It's lovely! It reminds me of something else, but can't put my finger on what it is...and while it does have some staying power I'd love for it to linger on a bit longer. Not too feminine to be unisex and not sickly sweet.

R de Capucci by Roberto Capucci

Not going to give a "wordy" review due to some very accurate reviews here already. Suffice to say, I love this scent on my husband! It brings out my more amorous side...and it lasts for hours! (The scent, that is.) ;) I'll even wear it on occasion.

Rose by Madini

I've been transported to a lush rose garden on a sultry summer evening, surrounded by the elegant beauty of a thousand roses in full bloom, their rich perfume and velvet petals playing a symphony for my senses.

Ok, enough of that. This perfume oil is said to be the favorite of a Kuwaiti Princess. It is wonderful on it's own, but I find myself wondering what I might layer it with.....

04 June, 2011 (Last Edited: 05 June, 2011)

Nina (new) by Nina Ricci

The first time I tried it...I hated it. Gave it a second chance tonight and the first thing to assault my nose was a sweet/sour citrus, mostly sour, but as it quickly mellowed out the vanilla came through, gently, and something else...floral and maybe tobacco. Right now it's a lovely blend of vanilla, floral, very slight citrus, and tobacco (?) and smells wonderful. I'm wishing it would last longer on my skin, but it didn't the first time. I wouldn't call it sophisticated...more warmly sweet but not too sweet. Enchanting. :)

03 June, 2011

Cabotine by Grès

When I first tried it...pew! Instead of following my first instinct to run to the sink and wash it off, I waited it out. It was soooo worth the wait! RHM summed it up best for me. The dry down is heavenly...I can never stop sniffing my wrist when I have it on, and it does cling to clothing and bed linens. I love it, so I don't mind.

03 June, 2011

Candid by Avon

This lovely unique floral frag was one of my favorites for a long time. It was warm and not too sweet. For some reason it reminded me of the way some vintage lipsticks smell, if that makes any sense. It was a more "grown-up" scent than say, Sweet Honesty. Candid also reminds me of Revlon's (vintage) Jontue . Both were very refreshing for inexpensive scents.

Heaven Sent (original) by Dana

I'm sorry, but as far as I'm concerned this particular vintage scent may stay lost. Not sure why, but once it comes in to contact with my skin horrifying things happen. Rive Gauche, Emeraude, and Straw Hat (Faberge) have a similar effect on me. The only Faberge frag I ever liked was Babe and now it's nearly impossible to find as well. :(

Tabu by Dana

Ah...the unmistakable deep, dark, seductive, " Black Velvety" sexiness of Tabu!!! I love it, but have to be in a "Tabu" mood to wear it...and a drop goes a loooooong way! Apply too much and people will smell you before you enter the doorway. :)

Rive Gauche by Yves Saint Laurent

I remember receiving this as a Christmas present from my parents. Knowing how I loved scents, they thought that would be a wonderful addition to my humble collection. Unfortunately, it gave me an instant headache and the scent itself repulsed me. I couldn't get it off my skin fast enough. If I ran across it today I'd probably give it another chance to see if anything's changed.