Reviews by FISS80

Uomo by Valentino

The opening of this fragrance is extremely cloying. It is extremely strong and sickly sweet. Although I can understand the comparisons to DH/DHI, It much more closely resembled Lolita Lempicka au masculin. Although, there is no anise listed, I detect a very strong licorice accord. This composition has more depth and is less powdery than au masculin. The drydown is much more pleasant and reminds me very much of YSL's La Nuit. I do detect leather, coffee bean, and hazelnut but I do not detect any chocolate whatsoever. I am not a fan of this fragrance but I can understand why other's may like it. I don't particularly care for this fragrance and it feels like a mash up of a variety of different well known previously released fragrances but as stated before, I can see it's appeal. 6/10
24th August, 2015

Invictus by Paco Rabanne

Very Sweet. In the opening grapefruit note and Marine Accord are in full effect. Woody and fresh. Smells like something that you can wear year round. If you are a fan of One Million,Chrome Legend, Thallium, Gucci Guilty, Lacoste Essential, or virtually any sweet, fresh scent on the market then this one is for you. I can see this scent being extremely pleasant to those who have not sniffed anything beyond the aforementioned fragrances. That is not to say that it is a bad scent, just unoriginal and meh. I give it a negative rating for its unoriginality and its nauseating marine accord. The drydown smells identical to Nautica Voyage.
25th October, 2014

1 Million Intense by Paco Rabanne

Nice fragrance. Smells identical to the original upon opening but the drydown is where it distinguishes itself. The major notes to me are Cinnamon, Patchouli, Rose, and Neroli. Longevity is great and Projection is on par with the original. I like this one but won't be buying a bottle because everyone wears it here. There isn't much of a selection where I live. Plus the bottle is atrocious just like the original!
25th October, 2014

Lui by Mazzolari

A mature gentelman's fragrance. The opening is abrasive and can immediately becoming cloying if you are not careful with the your number of sprays. The notes are easily detected and blend very well with each other. The easiest to detect on my skin were: leather, patchouli, and vetiver. At certain points during my wearings I was reminded of Bel Ami Vetiver. For me the vetiver was rubbery and the patchouli was dirty. There was no skank but it smells as if there ought to be if that makes any sense. Longevity and Silage are both fantastic. 12+ hours consistently. I really cannot find fault with this composition save that it is not to my taste. In a time where masculine and feminine classifications for scents are seemingly interchangeable, this one leaves no question as to which side it resides.

Pros: Amazing Projection and Longevity.
Cons: May be too mature for some.

Ultimate Seduction by LM Parfums

This was aptly named IMO and if you look at the notes you can see why. Iris, Amber, Patchouli, Cedar wood, and Rose. They basically took every note that smells fantastic in other compositions and threw them in this one. The main players on my skin are patchouli, iris, and violets. It opens up very feminine and about 30-45 minutes in, turns into something similar to Gucci Guilty (probably the patchouli and cedar wood base). The whole composition leans more towards the feminine side than I am comfortable with, for me to wear this on a regular basis. Also, Ultimate Seduction is certainly not original by any means, which is okay, but not at the composition's price point. These last two sentences state why I put this fragrance in the neutral category.

Pros: Smells Nice. Above average projection
Cons: Unoriginal and may be too feminine for some

Dia Man by Amouage

A very pleasant floral woody fragrance. Suitable for daytime or evening wear. Perfect for the Spring and some say the summer however, it gets very cloying on me in temperatures above 85 degrees. Some complain about longevity, on my skin however I get 5-6 hours of projections about 3 feet out and about 9 hours of longevity with projection about 1 foot away. So needless to say longevity and silage are amazing as is the case with 99% of the line that I have tried thus far.

EDIT: I did not get the similarities to Arsene Lupin at all initially, as I own a decant of the latter as well. Wearing it a few more times, the similarity is unavoidable. While the Guerlain is a bit more harsh in the opening, I find them both to be pleasant. If I had to choose between the two, the choice would be Dia Man

Pros: Smells great, gets compliments, excellent longevity and silage
Cons: The opening is a bit feminine. Can be cloying if oversprayed or in hot humid temperatures.

Diaghilev by Roja Dove

Incredibly bright and green. Opens with an in your bright, fruity character that permeates my tongue and throat every time I wear it. While not at all the same fragrance, the opening and middle of this slightly reminds of Creed's SMW. A hint of the stank is present to give this beautiful fragrance great character. The floral middle of this fragrance is undeniably intoxicating and my favorite part. As the fragrance dries down it becomes more skanky while retaining its floral character. Longevity is easily 15+ hours. If left on clothes, it will remain for several days and will become more and more skanky. Projection is 3-4 feet. Stunning.
09th April, 2014

Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Simple yet sexy. Opens up as a very earthy and spicy rose. Patchouli and cinnamon heavy with a watery, spicy rose. I imagine not a rose per say, but more of a rose petal sitting on top of water with sweetened soil in a jar. Constructed as EDT strength and performs as such on my skin. Perfect for a walk in the park, with a loved one, on a cool spring day, whether the sun is present or not.
10th March, 2014

Interlude Man by Amouage

I'm late to the party on this one but I will still share my opinion. Opens very fruity and medicinal. Medicinal as in Vicks Vapor Rub but truly intoxicating. This stage stays for about an hour. Them it transitions into a smoky sweet smell that I cannot get enough of. Easily my favorite part of the fragrance. Interlude Man then proceeds to effortlessly transition between these two stages for the duration, which is extremely long. Easily 12 hours. Very well blended. I detect the leather, Opponax and cistus mostly in this fragrance(based off of the description of the aforementioned as I have never personally smelled them. Incredible Longevity and siliage. A FB may be in the future...
03rd March, 2014

Enigma Pour Homme by Roja Dove

*This review is for the Parfum version*
I recently purchased a 20ml decant of this fragrance. Today is my first day wearing it and wanted to share my thoughts.This fragrance has an old school vibe without actually smelling dated. I can see the comparisons to TV but it is an absolutely different fragrance altogether. It is much lighter and no where near as sweet. I swear I smell the neroli and bergamote all the way through its development. The tobacco and vanilla are blended extremely well and the cardamom comes through in a big way towards the end. I think that the dry down more closely resembles Spicebomb than TV. I thought and thought about what this fragrance reminds me of. Finally I got it. This brings me back to my grade school days doing arts and crafts! I believe it is the heliotrope in the opening that does this. In any case, I really like the cognac in this. To me it is this note and the heliotrope that set it apart from both of the aforementioned fragrances. That and its superb construction. Well blended, long lasting, perfect projection, and excellent longevity. 8/10
28th February, 2014 (last edited: 20th April, 2014)

Red Aoud by Montale

Earthy, Spicy, Sweet. Who knew that these three adjectives could describe something so delectable! The initial blast of classic Montale Oud is quickly subdued by the soft smooth combination of Haitain Vetiver and saffron. Hours into the fragrance the red pepper begins to steal the show as the saffron and orris jump into the passenger seat. Excellent longevity and silage. Well blended and just a joy to wear. Thumbs Up.
17th February, 2014

Sel Marin by Heeley

well composed, simple yet unforgettable, fresh

The note pyramid is simple yet extremely composed. Every note can be detected and I'm amazed at how the note pyramid could produce an aquatic. Vetiver? Birch? Lemon? Preposterous!! Not just an aquatic. A natural smelling aquatic! A refreshing departure from the aquatic genre. Longevity is superb. Initially it made me nauseous but the more I wear it, the more I enjoy wearing it. I imagine a sunny day with a few puffy clouds overhead. A nice blue grean ocean as clear as glass. Small waves billowing in from the slight breeze in the 70 degree weather. Nice.

Pros: innovative, realistic, excellent longevity
Cons:

02nd June, 2013

Shooting Stars: Kobe by Xerjoff

Classy, dynamic citrus

Warm but cooling, light but heavy. Smells like woods. Not forest green woods, but burning campfire woods. Citrus smells like sweet candy. Reminds me of the gummy orange candies shaped like an orange. Finally I smell the Tonka bean and amber. The fragrance is blended so smoothly, yet you can certainly pick out the individual dominant notes. Very classy. A fragrance you wear to make a statement. For the price, it certainly should...

Pros: Excellent longevity, Dynamic, Unique
Cons: Versatility, Price

25th May, 2013

M by Puredistance

Cinnamon, vetiver, vanilla, lemon, leather, and musk. Even a novice nose like me can detect each and every note in this heavenly concoction. The smell is certainly divine. The thing that makes this fragrance amazing is the fact that no one note overpowers the other!! It is like a symphony with no solos in that each note independently, is great but when played in unison it puts you in another state of mind. Just the right amount of projection and excellent longevity. Simply amazing...
08th March, 2013

Midnight in Paris by Van Cleef & Arpels

Smells like lemon bug spray!! Synthetic, headache inducing nastiness. Made me extremely nauseous. Cannot understand how anyone would find this remotely appealing.
03rd March, 2013

Millésime Impérial by Creed

AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL projection and longevity. Quality fragrance but absolutely not worth the money. GIT or SMW are much better alternatives IMO
Edit:
I have come around to this. Very nice, must be worn during cool spring days to work on my skin. The right temperature gives me 6-8 hours longevity, 3-4 hours projection
26th May, 2012 (last edited: 30th March, 2013)

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

I LOVE THIS STUFF!! It opens with a slight petro note but is dominates by a fresh floral green smell. Lasts about 4-5 hours on my skin. One of the best designer fragrances hands down
24th May, 2012

Guerlain Homme Intense by Guerlain

Great Juice!! Very sexy and classy. Another great fragrance from the Guerlain house
12th March, 2012

Animale Animale for Men by Animale Parfums

Nice fragrance. Smells just like the price tag IMO. Angel's twin brother...
04th March, 2012

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

Very likeabe fragrance. Nothing fantastic but it just smells great. Vanilla, Honey Tobacco. Nice.
04th January, 2012

cK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein

Headache inducing. The initial spray was enjoyable but about 30 minutes into the fragrance it became too much and I had to wash it off. Not for me.
04th January, 2012

Black Afgano by Nasomatto

Amazing fragrance!!! The most prominent notes to my nose are amber, tobacco, and oud.Just the right amount of scent strength for me. 2 sprays and Im good all day. My new signature work scent. Not as dark as I had hoped but still my current favorite scent out of my wardrobe.
29th December, 2011

Aramis 900 by Aramis

Not my cup of tea. While I respect Aramis 900 for its take on a rose scent, I cannot wear this myself. Opens up with a very dry clean fresh rose scent which does not change throughout the life of the scent(on my skin). While I have no problem with wearing some feminine smelling scents, Aramis 900 is a little too mature and feminine smelling for me.

Pi by Givenchy

Very synthetic putrid vanilla fragrance. Opens with a dull, overly sweet, metallic vanilla smell that remains pretty much throughout the life of the fragrance. Even if you are a diehard vanilla lover there are a ton of other vanilla based fragrances that put this fragrance to shame. Terrible...

Black Orchid by Tom Ford

Definitely a "feminine" fragrance for the simple fact that their seem to be no "masculine" notes in its makeup. My first fragrance purchase from the Tom Ford house. Very enjoyable drydown!! The opening is very much in your face and actually wears you instead of you wearing it. No other fragrance I own garners as many compliments from the opposite sex. I am constantly asked what I am wearing and where they can purchase it for their significant other. Definitely not the best from this house but you could certainly do worse.

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka

One of my favorite fragrances. Opens up with a very strong licorice with a dry vanilla note in the background. The licorice(aniseed)remains at the forefront for about a half an hour and then the dry vanilla comes to the front and remains the dominant note for the remainder of the fragrance with the aniseed never completely exiting the lineup but still fulfulling a very necessary role to hold the composition together. One of the best drydowns I have every smelled. One of the few designer fragrances I would easily pay double retail to own.(Thankfully I dont have to :))

H.M. by Hanae Mori

A very sneaky gourmand. Has a very lemony sweet opening which will remain for the life of the fragrance. On my skin this strong candy open stays for about 2 hours and then dries down to a very close to the skin vanilla scent with the candy lemon relaxing in the background. Enjoyable from start to finish.

Rochas Man by Rochas

This scent is a godsend for gourmand lovers on a budget. You cannot beat the quality of the product in comparison to the price. The opening is very sweet. Dry Cotton candy with a hint of coffee, chocolate, and vanilla. Projection is moderate which is welcomed for a night with a special someone cuddling at home or going out to a movie. Warm, sweet, and cozy. I could also see a confident woman wearing this fragrance.

Allure Homme Edition Blanche by Chanel

Nice sharp lemon opening, that I liken to Pledge furniture cleaner(but alot nicer, if that makes any sense). Dries down to a creamy faint vanilla with the lemon still present but taking a back seat. The lemon stays throughout the life of the fragrance which is extremely short-lived on my skin Im afraid. I get maybe 2 hours max. Nice fragrance but certainly not something that screams must have.

Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

This is my favorite scent right now!! I have never smelled anyone wearing this and in a world of le male's, 1 millions, and Issey's this is a welcomed addition to my collection!! This fall I will be rotating this with Tom Ford TL.
13th October, 2011