Reviews by wardamoose

Aventus by Creed

This fragrance is immaculate. The fresh fruit tones for me where almost forgotten once i smelled the AMAZING base notes come out after about 45 minutes on my skin. It has the most perfectly designed earthy, mossy pine tones that compliments my own scent so spot on that it was an immediate decision to purchase. Creed, you never cease to amaze me.

dished out full price for a 8 oz... love this stuff

02 October, 2011 (Last Edited: 25 October, 2011)

Windsor by Creed

I don't know how in the world this smelled good to me, but it did. My wife loved it, and the others I was shopping with loved it too. The reason it seems so bizarre to me that I enjoyed it was simply the fact that it reminded me of mothballs. The opening honestly smells like mothballs. It is a more pleasant, and honestly RICH smelling frag, but honestly, how in the world did I think mothballs smelled good? I'm voting it thumbs up because I loved it, and had it been cheaper than the outrageous 600 dollars, I would have bought it. It was that good. I'll go test it again just to make sure my nose still works and isn't playing tricks on me.

Royal English Leather by Creed

Not sure if this being the scent of Jack the Ripper makes it really all that much better of a fragrance, but I still like it all the same. I wouldn't wear it, its an OLD scent. You smell it and can tell that it is OLD SCHOOL. I still appreciate it for what it is. It is in no way offensive, and I'm sure back in the 1700's this stuff was a specter from the gods.

Original Santal by Creed

wear it out. up close it is VERY strong and nearly cloying. BUT, at a distance, this stuff is pure GOLD. My wife says that she feels like the smell "takes her away" to somewhere exotic.

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Great smell. Love it from a distance. It does smell good up close, but it really shines when you wear it "out". When i first tried it, I found myself getting little whiffs of it from my wrist, and it was heavenly. Not sure if I'd ever purchase it because of its popularity, I enjoy a bit more unique scents, but nevertheless, this scent is bomb.

Chèvrefeuille Original by Creed

VERY GREEN, VERY GOOD. Love it. If you are a green frag lover, this is a must sample.

Acier Aluminium by Creed

Its good. Definitely metallic (duh.) I can see how people think it has a banana-esque scent, however, it does not smell like a banana. I had read the reviews before I tried it, and laughed when I smelled it. It has a "thick" sweet smell that is almost palatable. Definitely an "old" scent, not in the sense of "old man" scent, but in the sense that you can tell it was formulated a looooong time ago.

Bois du Portugal by Creed

For what it is, its perfect. This scent is amazingly formulated to give a deep, rich, warm scent. Like all other Creed scents, it is more of an experience than a smell. I however don't care too much for it. If I to describe it, it would be like walking through a dastardly hot and humid forest. I don't care for it myself, but I know that some people can pull this off.

Polo by Ralph Lauren

Very intriguing scent. Just too strong and bitter.

27 September, 2011

Polo Modern Reserve by Ralph Lauren

I like the smell of the original Polo but I could in no way wear it on my skin. Its like a thick, hot spice rack. THIS HOWEVER i love. The moment I tried it, i loved it. It isn't as overbearing as the original. Its very very very warm. Be warned though, if you don't like very GREEN scents, you will not like this. I however prefer the very green scents, so this is one of the elite.

27 September, 2011

Gendarme by Gendarme

One word. SUNSCREEN. It smells just like when i was a little kid and my mom would lather me up with Banana Boat. Don't get me wrong, the smell is clean and pleasant, but it smells just like sunscreen to me. There are certain scents that I would much rather have as a room scent, this is one of them. Not that great on my skin, but a Plug-In would be fantastic.

04 September, 2011

Duc de Vervins by Houbigant

next to Creed Original Vetiver, this is my favorite scent. It is so clean and limey, but the rich musky base is comforting and fresh. I love this scent. Yes, it can be called an "old man" scent by people who aren't big on these musky mature scents, but the quality of this fragrance is worth its weight in gold.

29 August, 2011

Eau des Baux by L'Occitane

A warm spicy, pipe-tobacco like scent. It is comforting. Bought it in Hawaii and tried to tie the memory of the trip to the scent. It worked perfectly. Every time I wear it, my wife and I feel like we're back on the North Shore of Oahu. Highly recommended for its inoffensive intensity. It could make a wolverine purr.

Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani

This is a very distinct scent in my opinion. I can pick it out of a room of people--it really makes a scent memory. I really don't like this fragrance, it is robust and overly offensive to my senses. The only way i can describe it is as thick. When I first smelled it, it felt like i was drinking it-- i could feel it in my throat as it lingered. It reminds me of a sweet Schnapps mixed with eggnog. not my kind of scent.

Original Vetiver by Creed

Absolutely wonderful. My wife loves this scent-- which says a lot because she usually doesn't form many opinions about my fragrances. OV has a distinct clean scent. Very green, but very satisfying. It is definitely on my "to-buy" list.

Set Sail St. Barts for Men by Tommy Bahama

Love it. Cool, citrus blast at the beginning and keeps a nice light beach scent throughout. I really love this fragrance, it is a great summer scent. Highly recommend it. Also, I don't know how people think this is a synthetic scent, it's citrus obviously natural. Maybe these people have never picked fresh citrus, but this scent is great.

18 July, 2011

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche

I always scoffed at Drakkar Noir because, honestly... forgive me but I had a vendetta against colognes that are for sale at Wal-Mart. I had this superiority complex because I wore Creed. Let me tell you what though, Drakkar Noir (when sprayed on my neck) is absolutely one of the best smells I have experienced. It is warm and dark, it is comforting and soothing, it is amazing. Love it. It is now one of my top three favorites. I decided to not buy Duc de Vervins (one of my "to try" colognes) for Drakkar, and I don't regret that decision at all. Thanks Wal-Mart

11th July, 2011