Reviews by BrianFantana

BrianFantana's avatar
    BrianFantana

Rochas Man by Rochas

Rochas Man kind of sneaks up on me as a very sugary cotton candy scent at first. I don't really get the coffee/mocha hint until about an hour into this one. Smooth and sweet pretty much define this one. As for me I am very picky when it comes to sweet fragrances. If it is too sweet then it makes me want to vomit. The key with sweetness IMO is balance, and I feel like this is well blended and balanced enough to appeal to the masses. Longevity and projection are not the greatest, which leads me to believe that this one is better suited for date nights where there will be plenty of cuddling and smooching going on. I did blind buy this one and was not disappointed. However, if you are unsure whether or not sweet fragrances are for you then sample it first.

Longevity: 7 The most I got out of this was 7 hours.
    Projection: 6 A close contact date night scent.
    Compliments: 9 This fragrance is well received by a variety of women.
    Smell: 9 I wish this one would project more and last longer on me because I love the smell.

Overall: 7.8 out of 10

04 September, 2011

Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein

I've never been a fan of any CK fragrance... Let's get that straight. IMO Eternity has been the most popular and well received fragrance out of the house according to the general public. However, since I'm giving it a thumbs down that should tell you how I feel about it as well as CK's other concoctions. Simply put Calvin Klein's Eternity isn't well received in my world. It's generic smelling, boring, I imagine myself wearing this if I want to watch paint dry. What I get out of this is a very subtle floral with some faint woods in the drydown. I find that the longevity and projection on me are bare minimal. Does this fragrance garner female compliments? Yes. Does it receive compliments because women have been overexposed to this due to its price tag and years on the market? Most definitely. If you are wearing this to attract women then stop. If you are wearing this because your partner enjoys it then fine. My suggestion is to sample some newer fragrances because IMO any current day fragrance blows this stuff out of the 80s and into a garbage can.

Longevity: 6 I get 6 hours tops.
    Projection: 6 This one is meant for closer contact IMO.
    Compliments: 7 There are several women that I know of that enjoy this.
    Smell: 4 This just does nothing for me.

Overall: 5.8 out of 10

04 September, 2011

Polo by Ralph Lauren

Polo by Ralph Lauren literally defines an era. When I'm wearing this I have a habit to think that I should be sharing a Gran Habano Corojo with Caddyshack's Ted Knight at Bushwood Country Club's VIP lounge. It is a manly man's fragrance. I do not recommend this for teenagers or people just starting out in fragrances. However, I feel that most will grow to love this one. It starts off with a strong pine and leather scent, that sombers down into a beautiful oakmoss and leather dry down. In my opinion this is the best out of the Polo house. Does it date you back to the late 70s and early 80s? Sure. Do women go absolutely crazy over this one? Not really. Will it make you feel like a man? Most definitely.

Longevity: 9 I get 8+ hours.
    Projection: 9 Watch your sprays on this one. People will smell you.
    Compliments: 5 You don't wear this for compliments. You wear it to be a man.
    Smell: 9 If people are still loving this some 33 years later, then it speaks for itself.

Overall: 8

23 July, 2011

Curve for Men by Liz Claiborne

Curve for men is a good choice for any teenage novice who is looking for something cheap and somewhat pleasing to untrained noses. It will garner you occasional compliments from varying women who like slightly sweet, floral, and woodsy scents.

As for me, I think I'd rather spray myself with lysol and call it a day. The best part of the fragrance in my opinion is the dry down. I can't stand the top of this because I feel as if I just dabbled myself in a synthetic mess... Then it dawns on me that I just did. Overall this fragrance is generic and boring.

There is a lot of love for this cologne mainly because of it's cost and there are women who do like this one. However, in my opinion this cologne is at the bottom of the rung, and associates itself with the likes of Eternity and Cool Water... fragrances that I think are marginally better than Curve.

Longevity: 6/10 Doesn't last long on my skin. 4-6 hours.
    Projection: 7/10 People should be able to smell this...
    Compliments: 7/10 Women do like this one. Due to it's popularity? I think so...
    Smell: 3/10 This does nothing for me. Look elsewhere for a quality fragrance.

Overall: 5.8

23 July, 2011