Reviews by Davem81

Davem81's avatar
    Davem81

A*Men Pure Shot by Thierry Mugler

The fragrance itself, while it lasts, is actually quite nice - albeit still a way short of the other A-men flankers. Cool, minty & perfectly pleasant.

The lasting power and projection, however, are quite feeble. This leads to disappointment for me, despite quite liking the scent itself. I also agree that it is somewhat overpriced, even though we aren't talking mega money niche prices. It's the overall disappointment that cause me to think this.

Once I've used up my sample, I won't be buying a bottle, even for collection purposes. In summary it's not awful, it's just disappointing.

22 July, 2012

Neroli Portofino by Tom Ford

Absolutely love the fragrance but sadly I don't get the longevity that so many people praise it for....... :-(

03 October, 2011

Paul Smith London for Men by Paul Smith

This is definitely an all-time personal favourite of mine. I came across it almost by accident in early 2006, and chose it above all of the rest of the Paul Smith range available at that time.

It's certainly very distinctive, and easy to over-do. It also tends to split opinion I've found - I had a friend who's opinion I trust try it, after hearing me rave about it, but he strongly disliked it. It's not far everyone, but I love it. I also associate it with a certain time & place, like many scents, another reason for the liking.

I managed to get another bottle just before the discontinuation (at knockdown price!) which I'd been conserving, but it's since been reproduced (perhaps in limited supply, I'm not sure), and in my excitement I probably overstocked!

28 July, 2011