Reviews by Jermel

Jermel's avatar
    Jermel

Old Spice by Procter & Gamble

This is a classic. I love the fresh barber shop opening. Any serious collector should have it.

19 June, 2012

Bespoke : Cuir Fauve by Keiko Mecheri

Breathtaking! Very complex leather fragrance which does not evolve too much. Very one-dimentional and sexy like Invasion Barbare.

26 April, 2012

M by Puredistance

This is one intense and gorgeous fragrance. I can not describe it so I wont try. But I will say, it makes me feel sexy and powerful when I wear it.

14 March, 2012

17/17 Homme by Xerjoff

This one is so "freakin" sexy!!! Imagine driving in your brand new Rolls Royce Phantom Ghost... fresh off the dealership. This is what I imagine the interior would smell like. The only let down is the price. Although the price is a bit sickening, Homme is one of the few (expensive) fragrances that is worth the $670 price tag. Trust me leather freaks of the world... Try it!

09 October, 2011

Original Cologne by Creed

I enjoyed this one a lot. The citrus in OC makes it very refreshing... of course with the famous ambergris for the signature touch. I might be wrong, but I believe some people rate fragrances depending on cost. Simply put, this fragrance smells really clean and sexy. OC is now called pure white cologne and it's also offered in a 30 ml bottle for $205.00.

04 October, 2011 (Last Edited: 02 May, 2012)

Artisan by John Varvatos

I mean... it's ok I guess. I wouldn't pick it over Eau de Guerlain or Neroli Portifino for Florida's summer climate. I would probably wear this on occasions wear I just want to throw on a scent to work around the house in. I agree with one reviewer who stated that it was the most simple orange scent with no development. What a bummer. This fragrance would have received a thumbs up if it had a more natural orange scent (like the one used in orange d verte) and not the highly synthetic one used. All in all, it doesn't smell bad.

26 September, 2011

Stetson by Stetson

I don't truly like this one for myself but I highly respect it because my dad wore it for years. It brings back memories of a strong man who worked on cars in the backyard. I only wear this one on nights when I am alone, blogging on basenotes, and need a true masculine for reference. Not considered the best masculine by most fanatics but who cares. I only paid 10 bucks at walmart for it.

26 September, 2011

Tonka Impériale by Guerlain

Ladies and Gentlemen... This is sum sexy stuff. Tonka Imperiale went to my top shelf quickly. The notes are as listed but with the classical Guerlain feel. To my taste, this is not sicking sweet but certainly a sweet gourmand centered around the house famous tonka bean. Besides the tonka note, I get hay, honey, almond, and a slight tobacco note (lighter than back to black). The incense and cedar is there but just enough to balance out the "sweet tooth vibe". Layered with spirituese double vanille, Tonka Imperiale is mind blowing.

22 September, 2011 (Last Edited: 07 November, 2011)

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme by Guerlain

I spent $900 on Clive Christian #1 and this fragrance has more class and presence! #1 is an outstanding fragrance but oh my... L stant is the best fragrance (along with Jubilation XXV) I have ever smelled. This instantly went to the top shelf of my fragrance shelf.

19 September, 2011

Millésime Impérial by Creed

This is the best job interview fragrance. Two sprays and you're good to go.

07 September, 2011

Aventus by Creed

Obviously, I like this fragrance. I have to admit... I do not wear this one nearly as much as MI, SMW, or GIT but when I do, I receive more compliments than the other creeds. The dry down in Aventus sort of resembles the "typical cologne" smell ( to a certain degree) while maintaining niche class and character. The burst of pineapple in the opening is the best part.

07 September, 2011

Les Nombres d'Or - Vanille by Mona di Orio

This is my most favorite vanilla scent so far. The best part is the dry down. The top notes of bitter orange and rum are super yummy. However, the top notes disappear very quickly revealing a luscious vanilla, vetiver, and amber scent. About 2 hours later, there is just a gorgeous vanilla scent left. I would sample from lucky scents first but I think it's the most sexy unisex vanilla on the market.

30th August, 2011

Eau Duelle by Diptyque

Hands down my most favorite fall scent. I love the spicy opening which greatly compliments the sweetness of the vanilla. I was actually saving for sublime vanille by Creed which is also beautiful. However, Eau Duelle is more affordable and (in my opinion) slightly better.

13 August, 2011 (Last Edited: 08 September, 2011)

Philosykos by Diptyque

This is by far the most accurate fig based fragrance. It smells like the entire fig tree I had when I was growing up. It is the sweet, dewy, smell of the fig tree just after a heavy rain coupled with the smell of biting into a juicy, and ripe fig. An amazing scent for any season except winter.

12 August, 2011 (Last Edited: 20th October, 2011)

L'Ombre dans L'Eau by Diptyque

I truly love the green earthy smell of this fragrance. It reminds me of running through my grandmother's garden as a youngster. I can't wait to finally purchase my 100ml bottle this month! Come on college grant money!

12 August, 2011