Reviews by SoleRoc

Millésime Impérial by Creed

This is one of my favorites! Now, I must admit that it DID take a while for it to grow on me. The problem is, many people read waaaaay too many reviews and get into the hype of a fragrance, only to be let down when it comes time to smell. That was definitely me at first sniff with Creed's MI. The truth is that I was actually pretty pissed off! I was expecting waters to part when I applied MI for the first time. Nope, I believed it to be boring and not very unique. Fortunately I gave it a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th etc... chance and have come to absolutely LOVE this fragrance. This is what I like to call a "Creeper." A creeper is a fragrance that you intially don't care for much, but slowly creeps its way up on your list untill it reaches one of the top spots; making you realize that it is a MUST have in your collection.
    Millesime Imperial is DEFINITELY a fragrance you have to grow to love (if you are one of "those" that didn't like it at first spray). The truth is, is that it IS unique. It has been copied and immitated plenty of times, which should tell you that they (Creed) did something right. It is simple & understated but, classy & unique; allowing for the fragrance to speak for itself - just as royalty. It does not take much to convey what one wishes. << Cheesy... lol... I know, but as simple as this fragrance is, it stands above most.
    Many people say they have issues with MI's longevity (actually most of Creed's frags). I can sit here and ramble off a bunch of excuses for why (natural vs synthetic, bad batch, skin type etc...), but I wont. The fact is, this frag is not SUPPOSED to be loud. It was made & designed for royalty and serves its purpose. It smells wonderful and reappears when the body is exerted or heats up. That is its purpose and point. How many people of royalty do YOU know that spend all day at an office?? or constantly around a lot of people that they want to impress?? or even better, around people that they don't want to offend?? How many people of royalty do YOU know that even CARE about impressing or offending strangers??
    Anyhow, these are just my 2 cents. Sorry if I bored you. MI is a very nice and tasteful fragrance. The hefty price tag is its only negative. Fresh, sweet & natural... what more can you ask for?

11th September, 2011