Reviews by Beauxbatons13

Beauxbatons13's avatar
    Beauxbatons13

Volupté by Oscar de la Renta

Volupte is fairly green, powdery, and vanilla. It opens as a very fresh juicy floral, goes into woods, and then whispers along the skin as a powdery amber and vanilla.

14 August, 2012

No Regrets by Alexandra de Markoff

I received my bottle of No Regrets, as a graduation gift from Jujy <3 and I put it on immediately! One sniff and it was LOVE, The reviews saying it's sweet do not lie, and it opens with overripe peach,citrus, and berries. There's a green feeling to the opening notes. As it gets to the middle, it turns floral which lasts for a really long time, before finally surrendering to the woods. No Regrets I find is pretty unisex [except for the gorgeous bottle with gold writing] On the packaging my younger brother thought it was a bottle of liquor on my dresser, I think the bottle is beautiful, square with a gold cap, the liquid is honey colored, and there are all sorts of super beautiful quotes about love covering the bottle with 'No Regrets' emblazoned in the center of the front in the gold font. My favorite quote on the bottle "living well is the best revenge" As I said before it's pretty unisex, and a few guys I've been around said they'd totally wear it if it wasn't for the girly bottle [poor excuse but eh. I've a different mindset than most people my age about gender] It lasts for hours on me and I love it, oh so light and refreshing.

10th August, 2012

Mayotte / Mahora by Guerlain

I quite enjoy Mayotte, The opening just slaps you in the nose with Mayotte, and reminds me of very bold florals and sweet incense I get the Frangipani, Tuberose, Incensey quality[sweet not smokey], and vanilla. I love the drydown which is powdery woods and vanilla, with a hint of the lingering tuberose. I like Mayotte, and would probably wear it as often if I had the wardrobe to keep up with it.

25 July, 2012

Bal à Versailles by Jean Desprez

I recieved a bottle of this in the Eau De Cologne as a birthday/graduation present a couple of days ago along with some other [EPIC!] goodies from fellow basenoter Jujy54. Her note in the card stated that it was 'Racy stuff, pure decadence' and I couldn't agree with that statement more. The porcelain bottle is beautiful and like something off of Marie Antoinette or Josephine Beauharnais' boudoir tables. As others have noted very french. The opening on my skin is very spicy and slightly dizzying if you smell it straight away. I love the spice in the beginning, and after a few moments it begins to develop. Heavy on the musk, vanilla, and rose and a spicy vibe as it dries down to a 'sultry cookie' on my skin. The scent itself reminds me of an extravagant ball at Versailles or some other palace, with flowers all around, and flowing champagne and sweet treats, and ladies and gentlemen [or gentleman/gentleman, lady/lady menage trois] pressed together [it is Bal a Versailles after all] it just reeks of elegance and sultry cookie. and I really like it. <3

19 July, 2012 (Last Edited: 28 July, 2012)

Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan

My mother gave me a sample sized bottle [ the one that looks like the full size except with a plastic topper] in early June. I have to say the first time I tried it I put a little too much onto my wrist and the top notes can be sharp. Trying it a second time, the top notes were still a little sharp, but it dried on the skin nicely. Cashmere is very chic, and reminds me of a very thick white [and probably cashmere] blanket. The scent is sweet, and as it dries down it gets a nice vanilla, with a hint of maple syrup. Overall I enjoyed it and would probably wear this as something for a night in with someone special or a party or gathering around the fall-winter holidays. It's a bit too heavy for me to wear in the summer.

19 July, 2012

Burberry Body by Burberry

While this isn't very impressive or unique, I find it beautiful in its' own right with amazing projection. If I have this on my wrist and move my hand to touch my hair or lean my chin on my hands I can smell it instantly. This is a beautiful pretty light scent that has a floral woodiness drying down to almost a weaker less sweet mayotte.I have to say it lasts all day on me 12 hours or more and I've even been able to smell it after showering. One downfall to the longevity is that around 8 hours it begins to take on a smell kind of like a stale sugar cookie and that's when you know it's time for a touch up.

16 September, 2011

Intimately Beckham Men by Beckham

Amazing fragrance with sweet woody notes and soft sensual smell, it's lovely and one of my favorites I'll definitely be repurchasing this at some point. Moderate longevity and mild projection.

28 August, 2011