Reviews by AussieC

AussieC's avatar
    AussieC
    Taiwan Taiwan

Ferrari Passion by Ferrari

Off the bat this fragrance is so good. Personally I feel that patchouli makes any fragrance smell great. But like a lot of fragrances that start out amazing, passion didn't finish so strong. As for strength with two sprays people can definitely smell you. The initial smell is so clean and fresh. I also get a slight feeling of stepping out of a racing ring after driving in a ferrari or maybe I'm just thinking that cause this is a ferrari fragrance. All in all you will smell like a winner... At first. Until you reach the drydown. Honestly gross... Smells as is something is rotting and fermenting IMHO

17 February, 2012

Big Pony 2 by Ralph Lauren

I'm into many gourmand fragrances, but this one is just simply gross. I welcome the cake and pastry, but this is just gross. Really? Dark chocolate? I never enjoyed that smell, not to mention on myself.

Worst of the four

Big Pony 3 by Ralph Lauren

I love this fragrance. My favorite out of the four. This is fragrance that got me into smelling different fragrances. Honestly, so fresh and clean- a people pleaser. And really, these four colognes are all meant for high school to college, which explains the lack of positive reviews. However, it is obvious that while the more mature club doesn't love this fragrance, they would enjoy it or not be annoyed by it.

All in all, fresh greens. Gives off such a preppy feel, a somewhat countryside feeling on warm summer day.

New into fragrances... get this one. Definite safe buy!

Big Pony 1 by Ralph Lauren

Another youthful fragrance by Ralph Lauren. What can I say I just love the burst of lime and grapefruit. Out of the four, the only ones I would buy is one and three. Definitely evokes the preppy feeling as shown in the ads. Just couple of guys hanging out at a country club with their girlfriends... A beautiful summer day, playing some sports, chilling with your buddies, and getting some.

I'd say anyone from high school all the way up to college would enjoy this summer scent. Very underrated

Guilty by Gucci

Ugh, how sickening. Seems like an explosion of smells; cloying and soapy. Initially, it seemed pleasant but wow, I really do not like this. Personally, I'm just not a fan of oriental. Sniffed this in a magazine and honestly PH is better.

Mediocre at best, really overpriced.

Light Blue Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

What can I say? I'm a sucker for aquatics and yes this is a generic aquatic. To be honest though it's not bad at all. And I am pretty shocked by the negative reviews.

When I sniff this I think of walking down a beach, the sun is close to setting but it is still scorching hot. Drinking a sprite and breezes of the sea blow by, the sweetness of the sprite is less and less apparent. Sitting down and tanning until the sun sets.

Light blue smells like a men's health magazine...

Longevity bad but honestly many d&g fragrances are light. The one and the one gentlemen both very light.

My suggestion don't buy unless you are a collector; my favorite aquatic must have is bulgari aqua.

Overall 6

02 January, 2012

Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

The scent I have been searching for. Slightly similar to adg, but i like this one better. Its simply unique for a summer fragrance. I smelt it once and didn't know what it was. After going through adg, issey miyake, light blue... Just to name a few I found aqva.

I'll be honest I dislike the bottle, but the juice is so fresh and clean. Be careful though... Easily oversprayed... It was winter so I thought Ill give it 4 sprays 3 on open skin... Overdid it :(

Trust me... This isn't seaweed in your pockets. This is sweet with a tinge of salt. Definitely evokes the sea

Longevity 8
    Uniqueness 10
    Projection 10
    Versatility 7
    Overall 9

16 December, 2011

The One for Men by Dolce & Gabbana

Honestly my favorite smelling fragrance. It's what I'd have imagined cologne to smell if I had never smelt it before. Warm, classy, on a tropical island.

It's a pity that the longevity and silage suck!

Definite try

23 November, 2011

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

Strongest fragrance I have yet tried! A but too much. Can seem obnoxious. Please do not go over 2 sprays.

Smells okay not too special. I think this is mostly just a hype. Anyway the bottle is the main appeal

20th October, 2011

The Dreamer by Versace

Hated this when I tried it. All that has changed since I have been using for the past month Trying colognes several times usually change my opinion. It does hurt the nose and head for the first 5 minutes, but it is worth it.

I have several fragrances that garner many compliments but this one perhaps gets the most.

Have to agree though that the drydown is rather nice. A dark yet sweet drydown. Most unique ever. The drydown i cannot stop sniffing. This definitely is a complex cologne with clear topnotes midnotes and drydowns.

You have to try this at least twice

17 September, 2011 (Last Edited: 23 November, 2011)

Brit for Men by Burberry

I have to say this is one of my favorite scents. Okay I agree.. Hints of baby powder at times, but the top notes are amazing. Really.. I enjoy the topnotes of scents... Especially this one. Anyway, do not mind the baby powder myths. Brit only smells like that on paper and from sniffing the cap. Otherwise it's amazing.

Great compliment getter. However you do have to be close to someone for them to smell it's. So I'd say it is kind of an intimate scent. And by the way, in high school right now and this scent works great. I don't smell like another jock with their acqua di gios or fierce. This scent is inoffensive and great for the younger crowd; the opposite of what burberry aimed for but hey.

Starts with a sharp slight peppery sweet smell. Then it gets even sweeter and a bit gourmand. So if you don't like sweet scents. This is a big no. I get the feminine part of this scent but hey the girls like how it smells on me so I can't really complain

Scent life could be longer though. I average 5-7 hours and I want 8-10!

Overall 8

17 September, 2011

Burberry the Beat for Men by Burberry

Really like the scent after it settles. Not really a clean scent, but I would say it is smooth. The initial scent to me was a bit overwhelming, but after about 30 min it smells great. Longetivity would be an issue though.. For me it only lasts for about 4 hours, but I think that's a thing with most Burberry scents-- sharp first scent to great smell to gone.

I'd still give it thumbs up, I like the personality and vibe it gives off.

I personally enjoy this fragrance so it gets a neutral because, everyone has commented that they did not like this scent on me. It's not a people pleaser because you start liking this scent as you wear it more, so people that do not smell it hate it.

24 August, 2011 (Last Edited: 20th January, 2012)