Reviews by CH123

Kincaid by Ajne

More unisex than masculine. An oakmoss lover's delight, enhanced with fir and cypress and perhaps just a bit of labdanum. It embodies the color green and reminds of Carmel, CA, where Ajne is located. I only need a few drops, and the laster power is great for a natural perfume.

I heard it has changed names as the person it was made for does not wish for Ajne to use his name. How sad...Anyway, it is now called Lascaux.

Espoir by Ajne

Orange blossom, boronia, a bit "green" (tea?) in the middle, but not medicinal. Has a somewhat darker drydown, but the citrus is quite long-lived. I wonder if it has Lisea Cubeb as that lasts much longer than the typical orange-blossom, and will extend the life of any citrus scent. I've been wearing it during the long hot summer and it's been my personal ray of sunshine. Has no vanilla or amber to cloud the boronia, thus it's a particular favorite of mine. It's only slightly sweet for the first 15 minutes but blends with my skin quite well. Those that appreciate sparkling citrus florals will like this one.

Om by Ajne

Frankincense, oakmoss, sandalwood, and perhaps labdanum. Incense-like, and more unisex than masculine, per Ajne. Has a slightly sweet drydown and has good longevity for a natural perfume.

Fleur Blanche by Ajne

This one is a big thumbs up for me. I own many gardenia scents from high end to low end. As many of you know, it is not possible to extract pure gardenia scent at this time. From what I have read, Ajne's perfumer, Jane, spent quite a long time experimenting with many blends until she found one that created a true to life gardenia. Unlike many synthetics, this natural "gardenia" is cheerful but does not scream white floral. I am pleased to say it is one of my most favorite scents of all time!

I suggest that even if white floral is not your thing, this is worth a sample. After the gardenia softens, a pleasant woodsy drydown awaits. I have found this scent so soothing that I've worn it to bed. Depending on the weather, you may find touches of other very soft florals in Fleur Blanche. In dry heat, the woodsy aspect appears sooner. I find this lasts about 4 to 6 hours, depending on the weather and your skin condition. In humid climates, this will last longer. It is available in perfume form or edp. I own the perfume.

I found out by pure accident that my cats prefer natural perfume to synthetics. They will not wince or run away, but they will take a small sniff and go on about their business.

Ajne has a sampling program and you may want to use this before purchasing. The money spent on the samples goes toward a future purchase!

01st September, 2011