Reviews by CHSeifert

CHSeifert's avatar
    CHSeifert
    Denmark Denmark

Wall Street by Bond No. 9

Really enjoy this cucumber fragrance

I happen to enjoy Waal Street quite a bit.

I get 10 solid hours longevity from it, and the dry down is pretty fantastic o my skin.

I get no wet dog smell or fishy water stink.

All I get is a fresh clean cucumber vibe mixed with a salty aquatic note.

It does really smell like fresh money !

I get no similarities to Creed MI at all. Okay maybe 25% identical.....

This fragrance is a very nice spring and summer aquatic.

A mainstay in my stable.

4½ out of 5 stars.

Pros: Smells like real money.....
    Cons: You don't get richer from using this fragrane ;-)"

28 October, 2013

Déclaration d'Un Soir by Cartier

Very nice elegant subdued rose fragrance from cartier

Just got a 100 ml bottle of this. Blind buy. Own 200 ml bottle of the original, which I love. This is a completely new fragrance. But very well done. A subdued rose, that I enjoy.

Sort of like Azzaro Acteur and Labo Rose 31 - a combo of these two. Only paid €41 for a 100 ml bottle, very affordable high quality fragrance. lats 8-10 hours, mild projection. Perfect scent for work, dates and just sitting at home in front of the TV or computer.

4 out of 5 stars from me. Solid 4 stars.

Pros: The rose is subdued
    Cons: Lacks the final touch that would make it a hidden gem"

28 October, 2013

Habit Rouge by Guerlain

I really tried hard to like this fragrance.
    I ordered the Cologne edition, but received the EDT version. I heard the Cologne version would be more gentle in the top note and base. Habit Rouge, no matter how I try to look at this frag, does somehow just smell like an old ladies perfume.
    I really like the old classic citrus frags with the musky base - love YSL Homme Concentrée, Chanel Pour MOnsieur Concentrée, Chanel Pour Monsieur, Armani Pour Homme & Monsieur de Givenchy - and thought Habit Rouge would be along these frags, but YES and NO, it has a lot of citrus, but somehow the floral note in this just turns me off in the long run…….
    I know a lot of the regular frag heads time after time mention that scent has no gender and I agree, but not completely ;)
    The floral 'thin' flower notes JUST IS NOT AND WILL NEVER be considered masculine. NEVER EVER !
    I'm not saying Habit Rouge is ultra feminine, but it definitely is on the verge of smelling like an old lady perfume.
    Just not something I will ever like to smell on myself nor on my GF. I tried to wait for Habit Rouge to evolve - but it stays very linear on my skin, 1-2-3 hours almost give me the same scent - floral notes combined with very light citrus.
    Longevity is pretty good for this frag - 8-10 hours and projection (unfortunately) is quite powereful - 2-3 hours and 2-3 feet. Just can not learn to appreciate this frag - so have to rate it a 4/10. I will not appreciate this frag on myself nor on a woman. Sorry Habit Rouge fans, even if I tried the Perfume or Cologne version, I have a really hard time thinking it would change my mind about this frag.

10th March, 2012

Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel

Just bought the 100 ml today and received 2 10ml EDT's extra as free samples :)

This is my first review ever in here and then I choose to review one of the most hated and laughed at frags on BN :)

It's a flanker of a flanker from the Allure line.

I own all 11 Chanel Homme frags and all in the largest available bottle sizes.

I have to say that I love the original Allure Homme and have done so since it was released.

Then came the Allure Sport and to me this is nothing special, but yet it's the top seller from Chanel for 10 years - and I have to admit, that while it's boring and safe, it is a very good sport scent and one of the better sport frags out there.

Eau Extreme is NOTHING like the other Allure frags.

The top notes gives you a sweet cloying minty vanilla with a bit of citrus in there.
    This frag is quite heavy for a sport fragrance - I feel this might have rather good longevity for such a type of frag.
    I still sense the vanilla & mint in the dry down, but the Tonka Bean is more prevalent along with the musk and cedar.

All in all I actually give this a thumbs up rating.

Longevity on my skin was very good - 7-8 hours solid.
    Projection is strong for the first 1-2 hours, then the scent stays closer to the skin.

I actually like this frag more than I though I would.
    Imagine a JPG Le Male in a lighter less cloying version and with the mid notes from the Allure Sport - this is what Eau Extreme smells like to my nose.

Rating:
    Longevity: 8/10
    Projection: 8/10
    Scent: 9/10 (for a sport scent)

If you don't like Le Male and Allure Sport, then stay far far away from this.
    If you like Le Male and/or Allure Sport, you definitely should check this frag out.

09 March, 2012