Reviews by Njtnjt

Njtnjt's avatar
    Njtnjt

M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

This is a bit too powdery smelling for me, particularly at the opening. I wish it were a bit "heavier" in terms of the Base notes. From reading the reviews it sounds like it has been lightened up to be more fresh smelling - which is what is selling well right now.

I wish it had more depth. Not a buy for me but it's well made and will be pleasant to many as a cool weather scent.

25 March, 2012

Rive Gauche pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

The longevity of this scent on me is massive. I can clearly smell it on me the next day. I can smell it on my clothes where the sleeves have come in contact with my wrists AFTER the shirt has gone through the wash!

If you want to smell like shaving cream - then this is for you. I dislike this scent intensely. It made me ill.

Clearly well made but like a bad house guest, does not know when the party is over and its time to leave.

For those who gauge their scents by the hours they project vs. the dollars they spent per ml then this is a blockbuster for sure.

25 March, 2012

Aventus by Creed

I went to NM in Boston yesterday and picked up a decant of this. I liked the opening very much but it dried down to what I describe as a laundry fresh barbershop vibe after a couple hours. I really dislike the barbershop smell of shaving cream which is where this went on my skin.

Normally I would not review a fragrance until I had at least 10 or more wearings over several months under my belt - but my skin turned red and rashy this afternoon where I had applied the scent to my neck and wrists so I will not be able to give this what I consider a proper review. I won't try it again and won't miss it.

19 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 25 March, 2012)

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée by Chanel

The opening is amazing, but this fragrance disappears like a puff of smoke on me. It's very refined but does not have quite enough longevity or projection for my tastes. Worth a sniff but try before you buy.

11th March, 2012

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

A loud scent for loud people and places. Smells like vanilla pipe tobacco. Smooth and extremely strong. The only fragrance I have ever worn that my wife could smell on me BEFORE she entered the room. She smelled it on me outside from 15 feet away on a breezy walk with our dog - 1 spray!

Extremely one dimensional, it just keeps projecting all day and all night without much change or evolution of any kind in the scent. At the 12 hour mark the one spray I had on today started to abate in strength to what I think was a tolerable level. Even then, my daughter smelled it from 10 feet away when she came home from school.

Not my cup of tea, not my idea of enchanting. More like thermonuclear war. I think it's well made for what it is - but I'll never wear it again.

10th March, 2012 (Last Edited: 24 March, 2012)

Havana by Aramis

My new everyday scent. Layered and fabulous - I have been looking for something that is spicy but not real sweet smelling and found it here. I don't want to smell like a powdered doughnut or a flower. This juice has too many notes to describe. I'd say get a sample and try it for a couple weeks if you like scents that are spicy with lots of layers.

28 January, 2012

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

I bought several samples after reading all the positive reviews. Im glad I did as this is a scent which I find repulsive on my skin. I am greeted by a blast of salty nastiness with a whiff of citrus on top. It quickly dries down and never really changes in intensity or smell. Longevity is amazing. I tried it several times using several different samples that all smell very similar to me.

The point of this exercise, driven home by how this juice smells on my skin..... Is to always try a sample before buying! After my experience with scent I am a believer in the mysticism, the chemical reaction that takes place when scent meets skin. If you were to tell me that this one dimensional fragrance was mixed in an outdoor bathtub on a farm in the middle of nowhere I would believe it. It really smells that awful on me. YMMV

02 October, 2011

Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

My signature scent. It lasts a long time on my skin and has a nice dark feel to it. I love the spicy Oriental vibe. 2 thumbs up.

24 September, 2011 (Last Edited: 25 September, 2011)