Reviews by Shpati

Shpati's avatar
    Shpati

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

I just bought Acqua di Giò. I have made myself a decent fragrance collection. Having a fragrance collection without Acqua Di Gio did not feel right. I felt that I had to buy this because of its high popularity, kind of like Cool Water by Davidoff. Like always, I never rate a fragrance by its popularity.

I have smelled Acqua di Giò for years. There is a reason why it is so popular. Of course, the reason is because it smells good. I have not met anyone that did not enjoy this scent. It is not offensive to any nose. I think the plain and simple design of the bottle resembles that.

For me, the top notes smell crisp and woodsy with good projection. After the top notes, the project drastically falls. The middle notes smells like a sweet exotic fruit. Then, it finishes off with the base notes, which is very woodsy to my nose. Overall, the fragrance is very relaxing and simple.

The longevity is not so great on my skin. About one hour with good projection and about two more offers of good smell. After that, I cannot really smell it anymore.

However, one another reason why I think this fragrance is so popular is how your skin absorbs it. Even though after the four hours of longevity, I cannot smell it; once I start doing something more physical demanding and start to sweet, the scent unleashes once again with all of its notes. It only last for about hour, which makes the sent have about 4-5 hours of longevity on me. I only have a few fragrances that can do that.

I have it a neutral rating because of its longevity. With the money this fragrance cost, you should be getting better projection.

The bottle design is nice and simple. I think it is a must for any fragrance collection. No fragrance collection looks right without it.

09th May, 2012

Eternity for Men Aqua by Calvin Klein

Eternity Aqua is a regular fresh fragrance. Nothing special about it. It smells really great and relaxing at the beginning. Longevity is horrible, just like most Calvin Klein fragrances. You will like the top notes, but after that there is almost nothing.

Some say it is similar to Polo Blue. I have only tried Polo Blue a couple of times, so I am not sure. However, it is a thought to keep in mind.

05th May, 2012

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

1 Million is a most impressive fragrance.

It is on the synthetic side of scents. However, we have to have some good synthetic fragrances out there, right? Not all of them have to be natural scents.

It is on popular end of men's fragrances. I will put it up there with Acqua di Gio for one of the most popular masculine fragrances. Of course, I never base my rating on popularity. After all, there are reasons why some scents are more popular than other. If that reason is because the great smell, a fragrance should never receive a penalized rating because of that.

The scent, to my nose, is pretty much the same throughout with very little to no change.

It is a very smooth and sharp scent. It has great projection and longevity, which is always great. It lasts about 6 hours on me with 4 hours of good projection.

The bottle design is very flashy and unique. It definitely adds some flavor to my fragrance collection.

03rd May, 2012 (Last Edited: 09th May, 2012)

Givenchy pour Homme by Givenchy

Givenchy pour Homme smells really good. It is very fresh, natural, and has a good mixture of citruses and woods.

Top notes start the scent off really well with great projection. Dry down is pleasant with its woods.

However, I think since the fragrance is discontinued, you can only get your hands on bottles that are a few years old (5-7 years at least), hence why is does not last long. I only get one hour of good projection and two hours of good smell.

The bottle design is fantastic, elegant, and unique.

03rd May, 2012 (Last Edited: 09th May, 2012)

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

Over used... too popular... Forget about it, this fragrance is a classic. Never ever smelled a fragrance similar to this. I think it is a must have for fragrance buyers.

It lasts for ever on me, even after a couple of showers.

Friendly tip: I bought a 1.7 Oz. bottle cheap at Target ($40.00).

03rd May, 2012

I am King by Sean John

I would be lying if I said I did not enjoy the fruity smell. This fragrance was a guilty pleasure.

But for the price it goes for, it is not worth it. Does not last long, way to synthetic, it is not a fragrance, it is "KOOL-AID IN A BOTTLE".

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

I do not know why this is so popular. It smells like burned food, plastic, and chocolate.

Only pro is that is lasts forever, but that means you are going to smell bad forever.

Get this away from me, and bury it.

Hearts & Daggers for Men by Ed Hardy [Christian Audigier]

No need to spend money on a scent that smells like some cheap body spray you get at a drug store. Nothing special, just some common scent in a bottle.

Fuel For Life pour Homme by Diesel

I love this smell. A great grapefruit top note. This is definitely a younger man's fragrance. A very nice fragrance to wear if you are in college. Does not last that long on me (4 hours tops of good projection).

VIP by Usher

I got this as a sample, and I must say, I was surprised this was even considered a feminine scent. This smells like Fahrenheit for Men by Christian Doir.

24th October, 2011

Escape for Men by Calvin Klein

Going to have to give this one a thumbs down. Smells like a perfume, it is way to synthetic. Just a bad smell for a man. Like mos Calvin Klein fragrances, they hardly last long. Definitely pass on this.

21st October, 2011 (Last Edited: 20th April, 2012)

cK one by Calvin Klein

Just an average scent to be honest. Smells like fresh cloths to me. It is just a nice pleasing scent. Nothing special.

Personally, I think this is great to wear before bed or while hanging out at home. Keeps you smelling nice without killing your revenue.

21st October, 2011 (Last Edited: 24th October, 2011)

Euphoria Men Intense by Calvin Klein

At first I thought Euphoria Intense smelled like something an old lady would wear, but that was just my first perception. It smells great. Terrific for a young male. Very nice and sweet, great projection.

I feel comfortable to say that this is the best Calvin Klein fragrance.

17th October, 2011 (Last Edited: 05th May, 2012)

Calvin Klein Man by Calvin Klein

Calvin Klein Man is a fairly good fragrance. If you like those "mechanical/oily" scented fragrances, like Fahrenheit by Christian Dior, you will like Calvin Klein Man. It is more flowery and fresh compared to Fahrenheit.

I believe it is one of the better Calvin Klein fragrances because it actually has longevity, it does not live and die by the top notes.

Man is not an expensive fragrance either.

17th October, 2011 (Last Edited: 05th May, 2012)

Sex Panther by Tru Fragrance

Well as far as smell goes, it just smells like those cheap Axe body sprays.

But, it is a novelty fragrance from the movie "Anchorman". It is made for laughs.

PS: Make sure you try to get the limited edition one that comes with the box that makes a growling box when opened (Make a panther growl sound from the movie when opened).

They are discontinued, but there are still some out there. Just read descriptions saying if it is limited or the regular one.

30th September, 2011

Cool Water by Davidoff

Cool Water could be the most popular fragrance ever. I have no reason to tell you how it smells like, because there are so many other reviews.

All I am going to say is, buy the smaller bottles. With anything large, you are taking a chance for reduced longevity. Many other people said that the larger bottles do not have as much longevity. The smaller bottles seem more concentrated; therefore, I would stick with them.

Furthermore, I feel as though there is a slight difference in smell with every bottle of Cool Water. Davidoff needs to confront this issue. Many other said the same thing. I can use a test spray at Dillards, then use a test spary a Macy's, and I notice both smell different.

Try to get your hands the older versions of Cool Water if you can.

Very nice bottle design.

Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men by Giorgio Armani

Emporio Armani Diamonds is a very unique smelling fragrance. A good fragrance to try if you like Armani, and you are sick of everyone wearing Armani Acqua Di Gio.

To my nose, it has a flowery, sweet, candy like smell while still being masculine.

It smells really good, but the longevity is awful. Longevity for me is 4 hours max with good smell. Then after that time period, it is almost all gone. Keep in mind this is true even if I cover every square inch of my body with this fragrance. A good fragrance to wear right before you got out for a couple of hours. I would not wear this as an every day scent or for a long event.

After a while of wearing this fragrance, many people like this. Some thought it was Armani Black Code. Since this has poor longevity on me, I would consider Armani Black Code before considering Diamonds.

I love the bottle design.

Adidas Fresh Impact Limited Edition by Adidas

You get what you pay for and you are really not going to pay much for this.

Just a simple everyday scent to wear to school, work, home, and gym.

It smells fresh and really good for the money. I would not wear this to the club or a formal place.

Fahrenheit 32 by Christian Dior

Fahrenheit 32 is a great fragrance, but it takes some guts to wear. For the first 1-2 hours, it smells like a powdery woman's perfume.

After you get past that period, the fragrance is very unique. If you want a vanilla base note fragrance, this should be the one. No other fragrance is like Fahrenheit 32.

The longevity is more than great. It might actually be too much. I shower twice a day, and I can still smell the fragrance after more than 24 hours.

This is not even remotely close to the original Fahrenheit. Therefore, your opinion on the original Fahrenheit will not influence your perception 32.

I really like the bottle decision. It is the same exact model as the original Fahrenheit, but I love the white gradient.

Fahrenheit 32 is one of my favorites.

Elements Aqua by Hugo Boss

Smells good. But no real need to smell good when it lasts only 3 hours on my skin.

It is very strong, recommend for people 28 and up.

Only bought it because it was 7 American dollars at my local TJ Maxx store. So I said, "Why not, cheaper than buying a sample, better off getting descent size bottle for 7 bucks".

I would not spend over 30 dollars for this.

EDIT: I agree with the review below me, "there is nothing aqua about this fragrance".

24th September, 2011 (Last Edited: 24th October, 2011)

Givenchy pour Homme Blue Label by Givenchy

One of the best smelling scents. Very good scent, smells very very nice.

Longevity is sort of bad. Takes 6 sprays for me to last effectively for about 4-5 hours.

I would try the red version of this. I believe it is stronger.

24th September, 2011

Freedom for Him by Tommy Hilfiger

It is a nice scent. But way to spicy. If you smell it from the bottle, it kind of smells like Indian food (not really something you would spray on yourself).

This one defiantly depends on your skin chemistry. I can pull it off. Some cannot.

It is gamble, so be careful. And it is discontinued so you might be able to find it cheap.

24th September, 2011