Reviews by BenDayDot

Eau de Réglisse by Caron

Refreshing, cheerful, clean, playful--an interesting and addictive mix of lemon, licorice and ginger. Comes off fairly natural, and not too sweet (or overwhelmingly licorice-y to my nose). This is neither a powerhouse nor a workhorse, but an interesting (yet simple) pick-me-up. Marketed as feminine, but I believe easy to pull off by either gender. I don't really detect anything flowery; I feel like it has a soapy "vibe". I would enjoy smelling this on a woman, but I also wouldn't be afraid to wear this to work on a warm day.

24th June, 2012

Forest Rain by Kiehl's

This is one of my favorites--this past Christmas I was visiting home, and I found a bottle of this among a few scents my father had gotten tired of and left for me to try out. It was love at first sniff, and although there is a certain nostalgia that this scent evokes for me, I find the scent to be very unique, and feel great when I wear it. Lush green, homage to a mountain forest after a rainstorm...damp branches, faint flowers, moss, wet stone. Somewhat sweet and clean (without coming off like soap or detergent), but this still strikes me as somewhat more on the masculine end of the dial--though I'd certainly enjoy smelling this on a woman. I think this one is very overlooked, which is great, as I don't worry about running into anyone else wearing it.

16th June, 2012