Reviews

Reviews by Lush

Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

Spritzed on quite a bit while dressing for work. It was gone by the time I left the house.
30th September, 2014

Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

I live on the ocean. This does not smell just like the ocean. This smells like every other boring, "aquatic," men's fragrance on the market: sweet, strong, linear, synthetic, and cheap. I'll pass.
17th April, 2012

Fougère Royale by Houbigant

I've been wearing the recently released Fougère Royale all day today, and I must say I have not enjoyed it. I understand the historical significance of its previous incarnation. I understand it is complex and made of high quality ingredients. But in the end, I smell like the old man I was trying to avoid at the movie theater the other night. Fougère Royale is too strong, medicinal, and old for me.
26th December, 2011

Kanøn by Kanon

I accidentally bought Kanøn for Men/pour Homme thinking it was Norwegian Wood, so I wasn't enthusiastic about testing it. I'm glad I finally got around to it. On paper, it doesn't develop at all, so I spritzed liberally to the back of my left hand. Coming out of the bottle it's an unpleasant, nose stinging blast of alcohol--not a nice gift to the wearer. I was suspicious. The top notes present themselves slowly: bergamot and lavender. Nice, but nothing earth shattering. Then a complete surprise: a touch of oakmoss and a delicate floral heart that persists though the coumarin dry down, which is spiced slightly with a hint of cocoa. Wasn't expecting that! I'm very pleased with this one.
03rd December, 2011

Kanøn Norwegian Wood by Kanon

I get some bergamont and lavender on top, then a little cedar, then maybe--just maybe--a hint of vanilla and spice in the base. The whole experience lasts less than an hour for me, but others say they can smell it a couple of hours after application.

Not worth the $6.99 I paid at Ross.
13th November, 2011