Reviews by indianwells

Vetiver 46 by Le Labo

Comforting, smoky, and the merest hint of Vetiver. Sod the name not totally matching the notes, Vetiver 46 does it for me, in spades. I enjoy 2 Man, but this beautiful Le Labo is one of my top 3. I tend to wear it more in Winter but lightly applied in the warmer months it works very well. Because I blind bought it initially I only got the 50ml. I now regret that and have had to get a 100ml back up. Quite simply, I love it.

21st January, 2014

Eau Sauvage Parfum by Christian Dior

Epitomy of understated elegance.

Elegant, nonchalant, class. Nothing more.

11th September, 2013

Chèvrefeuille Original by Creed

I pick up more mint than honeysuckle but it is none the worse for that. Very light, and perfect for Spring/Summer. I don't find it at all feminine and I think it is perfect for the office. Almost ethereal. Very, very nice.

03 July, 2012

Sélection Verte by Creed

Sometimes, just sometimes, a fragrance smells so good that separating notes are just unnecessary. Selection Verte is one such fragrance.
    Pure, minty freshness springs to mind, and nobody could possibly dislike this IMO. Absolutely wonderful.

24 February, 2012

Aramis 900 by Aramis

From around 1978-82 this was my signature scent, I absolutely adored it, and so did many, many young ladies. I still love it, it is so unique. Not feminine at all IMO. I think i'm going to start wearing it again, it's wonderful!

22 February, 2012

Sycomore (new) by Chanel

This is Encre Noire with a silk shirt on. Simply beautiful.

20th February, 2012

Cuba by Czech & Speake

Just received a Czech & Speake travel set and was eager to try the 4 fragrances. Unfortunately I am at work and the first one I applied was Cuba. Even more unfortunate was being informed by my two female employees that I smelt of shit. Not any old shit mind, dog shit! I agreed with them, I also get the bad breath vibe as well. How anyone would want to smell of this is beyond me. I didn't wait for the drydown, I couldn't, I may have been sick, or caused others to be. OK, so I don't understand this scent and don't "appreciate" the subtle nuances, but then, I don't want to if it means I smell like something that fell out of an animals bottom. Truly disgusting stuff!!!

17 February, 2012

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme by Guerlain

Simply beautiful. Beautifully simple. This fragrance just delivers. In spades. I have 4 bottles, possibly to sell, but probably not...

30th November, 2011

Aventus by Creed

I only started out enjoying fragrances about 3 months ago. Since then I have bought about 6 bonds, Pure havane, DHI, and Habit Rouge by guerlain. I have also recently added four Creeds. The two that stand out are BDP and Aventus. Although BDP is wonderful I can only wear it in cooler weather or evening special occasions. Aventus however, can be worn any time and any weather. A wonderfully uplifting fragrance that never fails to cheer me up. I'm still learning about how to recognise top notes, developement etc so i'll leave that to those more knowledgeable than I for now.

What I will say, is that this gem will always have a place in my cabinet. Despite the price. Sillage and longevity are excellent, as is BDP. A pity I can't say the same of my other two Creeds, SMW & VIW, which is exceedingly disappointing, although I suppose others may pick up on it. Personally I like to smell it myself, after all that is why I buy a fragrance in the first place.

19 November, 2011

Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford

Beautiful leather, never harsh, just so gentle, but pure leather, a top quality piece of furniture almost. I adore it. I thought I had purchased my last of Tom ford private blend, having indulged in Tobacco Vanille & Amber Absolute but I have to have this, wonderful.

05 November, 2011