Reviews by Dark Uncle

Escape for Men by Calvin Klein

Very surpised. Took a chance on ebay & won 2 small 15ml bottles (no other bids!!) for a song. One was obsession, which I loved when younger, but this was appalling! No resemblance to the original. But, Escape must have been an original. Excellent Grapefruit which lasts all the way through. Sillage momentous,( so spray carefully).
Probably a guilty pleasure, but hey, if one enjoys an aroma, why be sheepish?

Habit Rouge by Guerlain

EDT. Ok, no doubting the class & heritage here. I have had a bottle for quite some time & it certainly is a moreish scent. Only problem I have is that i feel I should be wearing a powdered wig and dressed as a dandy while wearing it. Massive vanilla and nice discreet Cedarwood seem to drive it along. Could easily be a feminine.

Wonderwood by Comme des Garçons

As a few people have said, underwhelming and non-memorable.
No doubting the cleverness thats gone into the production, but I wish that my wife had asked me before wrapping it for Christmas! Furthermore,try as I may, I cant detect any vetiver.

8 88 by Comme des Garçons

Unique. Strangely, Mr Turin gives a muted review, but its a matter of taste I guess.
Remains within my top five of all time. Saffron? Mmmmmm.

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

One of Armani's better moments within a mediocre output. Ladies are always complimentary if I'm in a bland-I'll wear this to work mood. Not too sure what the attraction is bar the lively marine freshness.
04th April, 2013

Desire for a Man by Dunhill

Well above average longevity although I find this extremely linear, which makes Desire a little tiring over the course of a day. Sweet yes, and could be the twin of Xeryus Rouge. Overall, fair to middling.
04th April, 2013

Parfum No. 27 by Topman

Quite a surprise to say the least! Although sold at the lean end of the market, a solid vetiver which is a pleasant day to day office fragrance. The anise figures big time as a top note but wears off pretty sharpish. Nevertheless the relaxing cedarwood drydown is a winner. Longevity? Well, not really-requires frequent top ups. But, come on, at under a tenner for 100ml-must be bargain of the decade. Good work fellas!
07th November, 2011