Reviews

Reviews by oolafsson

Antaeus by Chanel

This is the quintessentially masculine fragrance. Why anybody doesn't like this is completely beyond me. It's not just the fragrance of CEOs, it's the fragrance of masculinity and refinement, classic meeting modern at an intersection of art, science, and high culture. I will cry the day this is discontinued.
22nd December, 2011

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

This fragrance is completely mad, cloying, potentially disastrous, monstrously projective, disturbingly edible, and a general masterpiece. Some of my friends love it, some of them abhor it. My mother can smell it from 30 feet away, and after she runs away, she can still smell it 60ft away. This thing is not a joke, but if it suits you, then it shouldn't matter.

If you blind buy this, well.... namaste.
21st December, 2011

Fierce for Men by Abercrombie & Fitch

Absolutely vile, disgusting, and reminds me of a fabulous blend of tar, motor oil, and antifreeze. I bet my personal vehicle would DROOL to have this sprayed all over it, but for a human being, not so much.

You know the smell you get when you drive slowly past an adjacent lane that's being repaved? Yep, that's this odor, but with a little lemon squeezed onto the tarmac for good measure.
21st December, 2011