Reviews by moseymoose

moseymoose's avatar
    moseymoose

Five O'Clock Au Gingembre by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I've been waiting to try this for a long time, but I havent found anywhere that sells it. Finally, I found it in Harvey Nichols in Leeds. I sprayed once on the back of my hand, and it is absolutely exquisite fragrance, its beautiful, its masculine enough for a man to wear, yet delicate enough for a woman to wear, its indeed a very smooth, delicious scent, long lasting notes of honey, very warm ginger notes, and cinnamon. I can smell a sweet tabacco, though im not sure if theres a tabacco in this one, but its on there to me.

Its a very well put together perfume, it projects extreemly well even with one spray, without being protentious, and the silliage is good, leaving a warm, sweet, spicy trail.

I reccomend two sprays one on eah wrist with this, its more than enough. It will last you a long time. I've yet to try the loved Chargui, which im sure i'll like as much.

27 January, 2012

212 Sexy Man by Carolina Herrera

I used to love this when I was younger (16-18) because it was sweet and it smells fun. But it stops there, after wearing others since, I thought about purchasing it again, but it smells okay still, accept for one minor little thing which spoils it completely for me, the smell of wet cardboard, which I've heard is present in the womens version. You can smell it right away in the top notes, and though it may settle down to be nice and pleasant, the initial smell of wet cardboard puts me off. For a smell akin to this I would go for D&G The One, its not too far from it and it works better than this one.

Though this is a great teen fragrance, and I'd not even hesitate to buy it if I was a couple of years younger, or for someone younger than myself. But if you want something sexy and sophisticated, look away.

24 January, 2012

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

This is one of those fragrances that only works for certain people. My friend used to wear this as his everyday and I never liked it, it always went very sour on him and I really didn't feel it suited. But my boyfriend uses it and he smells amazing with it on.

I'd recommend it highly as a daily scent, but be sure to test a spray on yourself and leave it on all day before deciding, it might not suit you.

09 December, 2011

The One for Men by Dolce & Gabbana

Despite its longevity I'm hard pressed to find any EDT I like more than this, its so seductive and warm, and has two of my favourite spice notes; ginger and cardamon, its such an original fragrance. In fact the only thing that comes close to smelling like this is Hollister SoCal, which isn't as nice, is sweeter and more sickly, and doesn't smell as classy.

But this one has value for me, its a long term favourite that I've been using since spring of 2009, not many people at the time were wearing it, and I still dont think it's that popular, certainly not as popular as Jean Paul Gautier or Hugo Boss. It's become my signature fragrance, and it last a long time when sprayed on clothes and it's such an addictive smell! I sprayed it on my curtains once so that it would woft occasionally lol

09 December, 2011

Beautiful Love by Estée Lauder

I agree with blood-orange on this one with it being a mood uplifting fragrance, it smells wonderful, although, I have to disagree that I do think that it shares qualities with the original beautiful and you can tell its a toned down much warmer fragrance than the original perfume.

Personally, I think its a compromise between Pleasures, and Beautiful and is a nice summer fragrance for an evening.

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

I'm a very easy person to please, especially when it comes to smells but this is the only fragrance to date that I really disliked immediately, I sprayed some on and straight away PHYEW, it was absolutely overwhelming and overpowering of a smell I dont know what but it smells burnt and and sickly, like burning sugar in a hot pan. Really nasty, the dry down isn't quite as bad, but why should you buy a fragrance that is only acceptable when it drys down, the burnt rubber/sugar/whatever smell doesn't ever go away it's just milder, which is a shame, because I wanted to like this.

Pleasures Delight by Estée Lauder

I really do enjoy this fragrance, coming from a guy and smelling it on someone else, the top notes are wonderful, and the overall smell is so nice, especially when the people walks by and you get a subtle smell of it again, its such a warm smell, and much, much softer than the original pleasures and a younger smell in my opinion, I wish they did a pleasures for men delight, because I would most certainly buy it.

My personal favourite Estee Lauder perfume, other than Beautiful Love, which in my opinion is a compromise between Pleasures and Beautiful.