Reviews by sampoerna

sampoerna's avatar
    sampoerna
    Indonesia Indonesia

The One Gentleman by Dolce & Gabbana

Spicy opening, drying down to notes of vanilla and tobacco. Combined with other subtle spices, a warm scent indeed. Longevity can be significantly better, unfortunately.

In essence, a slightly classier but absolutely unpretentious choice for the 20s crowd. Not a mature gentleman, but perhaps aspires to be one. Chivalrous and naive perhaps, but at least genuinely aspirational.

Vera Wang for Men by Vera Wang

Quite understated and somewhat elegant. Appropriate for office wear. The kind that I associate with the artificial; like those who try to smarm/schmooze their way through an elite society, even though they may not truly belong.

It's nice. It's just not what I truly appreciate...

...until I explored more fragrances. After some time enjoying Michael Kors for Men, leather notes have become quite appealing to me - and that means I have come to enjoy Vera Wang also. Nicely blended with light floral bouquet and spice essences. Artificial for sure, but nice nonetheless. Inoffensive to women - not particularly strong. One of those I'd go for when I'm not sure what to wear and I want to be subtle.

D&G La Roue de la Fortune 10 by Dolce & Gabbana

For me, a benzoin bliss - smoky, quite caramel-intense with some subtle spices. Some very light fruit essence like pineapple in the top notes. Like an aromatic candle? Very gourmand; very sensual unisex. Probably not appropriate for everyday wear, but can certainly make for an interesting evening with the right partner...

Quite the monster sillage on my skin, and my skin usually doesn't project anything particularly well! Tested only on one of my wrists, walked into a room 15 minutes later, and the scent lingered strongly in that room.