Reviews by HyperB

HyperB's avatar
    HyperB

Narciso Rodriguez for Her by Narciso Rodriguez

This is for the EDT.
    Words cannot accurately describe this fragrance. It is now my signature scent.
    It is sheer, somewhat translucent; yet very present, comforting in an exciting way(!), and concealingly enveloping. Very tactile indeed. It starts with a dominant note that I cannot identify at all, sort of like a incensey/smokey ghost note that can't be grasped. It has a "warm skin" quality that dominates, but not sun-kissed, as this is a night time scent for sure. The "ghost note" makes room for orange blossom, musk, woods and a few others I'm not familiar with. The honey flower note seems to last the longest on my skin.

30th May, 2012

Aromatics Elixir by Clinique

I would love to give this an elaborate review, because I feel it deserves some kind of respect for the composition. But in all honesty, the scent was overall repulsive to me as I felt it was choking me. It's not even shocking or "bad smelling", it's just too much, I felt like I was eating a full plate of expensive incense stick. I could not figure out anything, it was plain sensory overload.

Karma by Gorilla Perfume [Lush]

An overall thumbs up, followed by a word of caution : you must not blind-buy this.

The patchouli means business, it's not hidden in pleasantries nor does it make apologies. It comes on as a top note, really. It gets married with the orange and they live happily ever after. The other notes were at the wedding, but they were not bridesmaids nor best mans - perhaps distant relatives guests. I can't really discern them, yet I feel their presence.
    This perfume does not evolve much - nor does it ever fade - but the blend of essential oils is remarkable and worthy of respect. However, I did get sick of wearing it after a couple of years. I still enjoy it when if I smell it on someone else, and may wear it once a year, but for some reason it became too heavy for me to bear over time.

No. 19 by Chanel

Stunning opening of green bouquets and woodsy promises... but the drydown on my skin is too bitter, like rancid dandelion roots.

The "poudre" version had a better drydown, but it was absolutely not the same - overall too polite for my taste.

Hot Couture by Givenchy

I'm surprised at the reviewers stating this is better suited for a "more mature" woman to wear. This is the first "serious" fragrance I bought at the age of 18 when it came out. Yes it is sophisticated, but the raspberry makes for a little playfulness. On myself I could smell pepper, smoke, and of course raspberry the most. I find it to be very unique and overall modern. It is warm without being sweet, it can be almost tart at first but it is extremely well-rounded.