Reviews by mikesc

mikesc's avatar
    mikesc

Wood & Spices by Montale

I love this one. I bought it after first sample from a small perfume shop in Venice. It's sweet and has depth. I just go easy on the trigger since it's potent. It was my wife's favorite as well of the ones I sampled that day.

06th February, 2013

Andy Warhol by Bond No. 9

Love this one. Great plum scent with good longevity on me.

22nd March, 2012

Love and Luck for Men by Ed Hardy [Christian Audigier]

This is my alternative to Creed's MI. I couldn't pull the trigger on MI due to the cost vs the longevity issues it had on my skin. I am thrilled I have an inexpensive option to replace a frag I love so much and this one lasts at least as long.

02nd February, 2012

Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

I keep trying this one and it's just as nasty as the last time I tried it on. Smells like a syntheticly sweet plastic. An assault on the senses.

27th January, 2012

Millésime Impérial by Creed

I have tried this a few times at Neiman Marcus thinking it would be my next buy and each time I have been completely underwhelmed. It's incredibly weak. It immediately sits close to the skin and I can barely tell I have anything on. I like what I can smell, but it's so muted it's clearly not worth a purchase.

14th January, 2012

Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein

Still love this one. Not sure if its partially boosted by sentimentality, but love the notes and memories it brings. Good longevity and projection. There's a reason it's so popular and popularity often brings a scent down. Still a thumbs up.

12th January, 2012

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

I went to Macy's one day and decided to spray this on after hearing the praises. I wasn't prepared for what this was. My hand smelled like it was encrusted in burnt chocolate and sugar. It was overwhelming and I wasn't much of a fan. I now own a 3.4 bottle of Angel Men. The drydown was amazing and the next day I found myself missing the scent. The longevity was also 2nd to none. Those that haven't experienced it just need to brace themselves and wait an hour before judging.

09th January, 2012

Dirty English by Juicy Couture

Love the powerful smokey campfire scent, but longevity seemed weak for me. If it lasted a few hours I would give it a thumbs up. Either it fries my senses so I can't tell it's projecting or this is a cologne that sits close to the skin after a couple of hours.

02nd January, 2012 (Last Edited: 16th January, 2012)

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

Love this one. Clean and refreshing scent. Not sure about longevity yet. I heard I needed to try Prada Infusion before I purhased this one so I did. Wife preferred the TM Cologne over Prada and so did I. Prada had a luxurious soap scent, but the TM was a cleaner more pronounced experience.

02nd January, 2012

Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein

Euphoria is the perfect cologne for those occasions where you want to smell good for about an hour. Then it fades to nothing. If you hold your nose right up to where you sprayed it you might catch a very faint reminder that you have it on. I really like the scent, but Euphoria totally fails in all other categories. No projection and no longevity.

02nd January, 2012

Balenciaga pour Homme by Balenciaga

My all time favorite. Words cannot describe the effect this cologne has on me. It's like a time portal when I smell it. I still have a 1.7 oz bottle and never want to use it since it's discontinued. Has anyone found anything similar to this scent? I am on the constant search for a replacement.

24th December, 2011