Reviews by eflat

Club de Nuit Intense for Men by Armaf

Found this one by accident. I sprayed it in a little perfume store and was blown away, my wife said, that smells like your Aventus. I was like, "whoa, it does." So I didn't really think it was worth the price they were asking, seeing how I've never heard of it before, so I left and we walked around the mall. Two hours later we left went to a restaurant and when we got back in the car, I was like, "I didn't spray my Aventus" and my wife says, "I think it is that one you sprayed in the mall". I had forgotten. Well she was right, and it continued to smell for probably 5 or 6 more hours and the smell on my shirt was still there next day. I ordered a bottle online and use it as a work scent mixed with my wardrobe and save my Aventus for special occasions. I love it. I made such a lengthy descriptive review of this because I see lots of people ask if this is "really close" or "how good is it" or "is it worth it". My answer is a resounding YES! It is close enough that the average person who has smelled Aventus on you before, will not know the difference. Is it a replacement for Aventus, well that is up to you, true Aventus fans will notice the quality difference so for me not completely, but it makes it affordable to smell almost the same anytime I want.
14th February, 2017

Dark Rebel Rider by John Varvatos

I could not get this scent off me for at least two hours. I tried it on at Dillards and by the time I got out of the mall I was nauseous. Very rarely does a scent truly make me want to scrub it off, but this did. It wouldn't scrub off, so apply with care. Spray the paper first and let it dry down. The initial opening is very nice. The drydown, totally different.
14th February, 2017

Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo

Very nice. Did a skin test in Macy's and was pleasantly surprised. Haven't bought it yet but plan on it. Definitely not offensive in the least. Longevity was just ok, about 4 hours, sillage was great on me for the first few hours. I get more of the mandarin off the top and the patchouli is very light and doesn't over power the vetiver at all on drydown. I liked it.
30th April, 2013 (last edited: 01st May, 2013)

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

My absolute go to any time of the year whenever I can't decide which frag to wear. This is without a doubt the classic of our time IMHO. Lots of people compare this to Cool Water and I will admit that at very first the top smells very similar, Cool Water doesn't even compare after the first few minutes.
26th December, 2011