Reviews by The Israelite

Joop! Homme Wild by Joop!

Im not a big fan of the original Joop Homme as I found it too warm, clawing and a little sickening.
    However in my opinion... Joop Homme Wild is pretty damn good.

For me this fragrance opens with a sweet slightly spicy pink pepper and rum note which smells to me a little like Tune's cherry flavour cough sweets (which I love to munch on)and it pretty much stays this way throughout the fragrances duration until it gets a little woody in the drydown. Also, when this fragrance drys down it seems to give off a very slight floral and powdery vibe and I do detect a very very slight, almost non-existent scent of the original Joop.

The projection on this fragrance is very good,projecting quite well for around 5-6 hours and although Joop homme Wild is a sweet and slightly spicy scent I really dont think its offensive in anyway unlike the original which could be very intrucive IMO.
    The longevity is excellent and the scent lasts 10+ hours on my skin.

Alot of people are comparing Joop Homme Wild to 1 Million, in my opinion the only similarities are, they are both sweet and both make a great clubbing scent.
    On one hand 1 Million is a young,slightly warm, sweet, fun and fruity bubble gum like, good guy club scent which I like. And on the other hand Joop homme Wild is a sweet, dark and dirty bad boy club scent with a rum kick which I love that makes this fragrance alot more sexy and a little more "Adult" than 1 million.

This fragrance is denfinitly a club scent that is sure to attract attention and I can see this fragrance becoming a bestseller among the young adults.
    As for me I love 1 million but in my opinion Joop Homme Wild kicks 1 millions ass as far as club scents go, proving that sometimes..... the bad guys do win.

My Score:

Projection: 8.5
    Longevity: 9.5
    Fragrance: 9

10th October, 2012

Voyage by Nautica

After blind buying Burberry London and hating it I swore that I would never blind buy another fragrance, however when I saw Nautica Voyage for 13.99 I decided to take a chance. I must say I will be wearing this fragrance alot this summer as I simply love it.
    This fragrance to me smells like a fresh and clean sea breeze with green apple and melon which gets a little soapy on the drydown, I would say its a light fragrance, not overpowering in any way but projects really well for around 5 hours on my skin and lasts for about 8 hours which I was surprised at considering its so light.
    I would defo recommend this fragrance as a must buy and at such a low price its a great bargin. This is a great casual fragrance for spring and summer which I wouldnt hesitate to buy again.

Projection: 8
    Longevity: 9

05 April, 2012

Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

Boughts this fragrance a few days ago and I must say im quite happy that I did.
    The opening smells quite citrusy with what smells to me like a mandrin zest note and this opening lasts around 30-40 mins on my skin.
    I quite like the opening however I prefer that dry down better, which I would describe as dark breezy aquatic scent with a lime and sea salt twist.
    Projection on this fragrance is above average and the longevity is a bit of a monster ( It lasts 10+ on my skin which is rare for an aquatic scent).

I would say this is a nice aquatic fragrance that would be well suited for a casual outdoor lunch on a hot summers day.

Projection: 8.5/10
    Longevity: 10/10
    Fragrance: 8.5/10

06 March, 2012

Burberry London for Men by Burberry

I thought it would be impossible to find a fragrance that projects less the D&G The One, but lo and behold Burberry London has proved me wrong.
    I blind bought this fragrance after hearing all the good reviews about it and was extremely disappointed when I actually sprayed it. All I got from it was a very watery pine scent which hugs my skin after 10mins and a pwdery dry down with a hint of cherry, to be fair the dry down isnt bad but it just does not project on my skin at all and completely disappears completely after 2 hours.

Im really disappointed with this buy and wouldn't buy it again.

My Score

Projection: 1/10
    Longevity: 2/10
    Fragrance: 5/10

02 March, 2012

Versace Man Eau Fraîche by Versace

The opening to this fragrance is very very citrusy with a strong blast of alcohol however the alcohol quickly fades and you are left with a mainly lemon note. The lemon note calms down a little after 20mins and then you get a sweet apple scent coming through behind the lemon.

After around 40mins this fragrance begins to dry down and the sharp citrus notes begin to mellow and becomes a little bit musky.
    I really like the freshness of this fragrance however I wish it projected a little more and the longevity was a bit better. (around 4 hours).

I have a feeling this fragrance would do alot better outside in the sun.

Projection:7
    Longevity:6

21st February, 2012

The Dreamer by Versace

I blind bought this fragrance based on alot of good reviews I had seen on youtube and read on BN.
    I bought it online at 29.99 for 100ml bottle which is a pretty good price. The package arrived this morning and I eagerly sprayed some on. As soon as I sprayed it I though this smells awful. The opening is a really clawing flowery scent which is a bit icky.
    However after around 25mins it drys down into a creamy vanilla scent with a sweetness from the tobacco which is really nice but a little feminine.

This fragrance stays a bit close to my skin and the longevity isnt too great (its starting to fade now after 4 hours) but at 29.99 I cant really complain.
    Iv heard this fragrance being compared to le male and to be honest le male beats this hands down.
    IOverall it has a nice dry down after a horrible opening and im not sure why this fragrance has a reputation for attracting the ladies, looks like I will have to put it to the test and see.

Longevity: 5/10
    Projection:6/10
    Fragrance:7/10

Overall : 6.5/10

14 February, 2012 (Last Edited: 19 February, 2012)

Cool Water by Davidoff

Ahhh Cool Water you old classic! lol

I remember this fragrance was all the craze when I was about 15
    Nothing much to say about this fragrance other than I think its a quite unique, really fresh and acquatic and it brings back alot of teenage memories.
    This is definitly a spring and summer fragrance however I think it holds its own in the colder weather also.The projection is quite good and the longevity is also quite good.
    This is definitly a fragrance for a younger person and is best suited for just hanging out with friends in the park on a spring or summer afternoon.

My score:
    Projection:8
    Longevity:7

27 January, 2012

Allure Homme by Chanel

I blind bought this fragrance today, based on the good reviews I have read and the fact that I love Bleu de Chanel I decided to take a chance.
    The citrus and peppery opening of this fragrance was a bit of a nostril burner for me which to me was not as pleasent as I had hoped, The mandrin is quite prominent) however once the fragrance started to dry down I began to understand why it had got such good reviews.
    The dry down to me has a warm creamy syrup like aroma with a hint of cinnamon which I really like but now and again the pepper would begin to come through and in my opinion its the pepper that I think lets the fragrance down slightly.
    With that said I still think this fragrance has a very nice dry down which is
    very classy.
    The projection on this fragrance is good enough and the longevity is also quite good, however if I had to pick between Chanel allure homme and Bleu de Chanel, Bleu de Chanel would win hands down in every aspect.

Overall I wouldnt say that this is a classic fragrance but im not sorry I bought it however I would make sure the dry down has started before getting close to a lady.
    I would recommend that this fragrance be worn in the autum or winter and would be ideal for a romantic stroll in the park before dropping by a diner for a hot cup of coffee.

My score:
    Projection:7
    Longevity:8

27 January, 2012

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

I have the sample of this and am not sure whether to buy a bottle of it or not.

First off the opening of this fragrance is a bit overwhelming, it has a what i would describe as a harsh tar smell which i wasnt too keen on.
    After the opening a*men drys down into a delicious chocolate and coffee aroma with a pleasent hint of caramel which was quite surprising. The projection on this fragrance is quite strong and the longevity is a beast so only a few sprays are required per application.

The reason im not sure if I should buy this is because im not sure if want to walk around smelling like a coffee shop. When I buy a fragrance I consider two things:

1:Do I like it?
    2:Will the ladies like it?

The answer I would have to give is, I like the dry down but im not sure if the ladies will.

This isnt the kind of fragrance I would imagine wearing on a date as it smells warm and delicious but not sexy and confident.
    I think in the future i will buy a small bottle and keep it for cosy winter nights.

UPDATE*

I bought a 50ml bottle and am quite pleased I did. I wouldnt wear this on a date but would be happy lounging around at home wearing this.

08 January, 2012 (Last Edited: 29 January, 2012)

Fleur du Male by Jean Paul Gaultier

I recieved this as a gift and only wear it when iv run out of all other fragrances. Its just too floral and sickly for me. I suffer from motion sickness sometimes when im in a car and this fragrance seems to make it worse for whatever reason.

The good side to this fragrance is that it projects very well ( then again so does a fart) and lasts a long time.

I wouldnt recommend this fragrance to anyone I know.

My score: Projection 8/10
    Longevity 8/10
    Fragrance 3/10

Unforgivable by Sean John

To me this fragrance is quite synthetic and not unique in any why, however thats not to say it doesnt smell nice. I only wear this fragrance when im lounging around the house and dont want to waste the better fragrances in my collection. Its a safe day to day scent that smells decent and has decent projection and longevity.

It opens with a citrus note with a hint of lavender that just gets deeper as it drys down. Nothing special but nothing bad either.

My score: Projection 7/10
    Longevity 6/10
    fragrance 6/10

Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

An absolute classic! Truly one of my favorites.
    I dont know why but it brings to mind the image of an old school classic barbershop.
    To me this simply smells of rich creamy vanilla and baby powder which becomes slightly musky on the dry down. The projection of this fragrance is really good and so is the longevity. I would recommend this fragrance to be worn in the autum or winter.

I have nothing else so say other than I love it and this is a must have fragrance!

My score: Projection 9/10
    Longevity 9/10
    Fragrance 10/10

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

I absolutely love this fragrance. Its definitely one of my favourites. When I spray it on my skin its like explosion of citrus and smells so crisp and clean. To me the grapefruit note is quite prominent until it drys down to great woody base. The projection of this fragrance is great and so is the longevity which is around 9-10 hours on my skin. This fragrance can be worn all year round and would make a good signature scent.
    However I like to wear this going out on a dinner date or to a night club. The good thing about wearing this while dancing is if you begin to sweat the fragrance opens up again which to me suggests good quailty.

This fragrance gets alot of critisim of being a little synthetic, my opinion on this is that I think people expect groundbreaking unique scents from Chanel everytime they release something new but to me this fragrance just smells fresh, crisp and clean made from good quality ingredient. A real treat to smell!

My score: Projection 9/10
    Longevity 10/10
    Fragrance 10/10

Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani

I got this fragrance as a gift and I must say I really like it.
    To me it has a musky lemon smell with an almost leather quality to it. As it drys down it begins to smell like a mixture of lemon and vanilla. I would say this is a good fragrance for everyday wear but would also work well on a date to the cinema.

The projection on this fragrance is quite good and so is the longevity and most of all it smells good.

My score: Projection 8.5/10
    longevity 8.5/10
    fragrance 8.5/10

The One for Men by Dolce & Gabbana

First off this fragrance smells amazing! To me it smells like a sweet and creamy mixture of pineapple with a hint of coconut. I would say that this is one of the best fragrances that I have ever smelt.

However, the projection is absolutley pathetic and the longevity isnt much better. I wouldnt even bother wearing this outside as no-one would smell it. I would recommend that this fragrance be worn only on a romantic night in. If the projection and longevity were better on this fragrance I would have scored it 10/10.

My score: Projection 1/10
    Longevity 3/10
    fragrance 10/10

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

I bought this fragrance today, to me it smells like bubblegum which I think is quite unique in a mans fragrance. Its stays this way on my skin most of the time until it begins to fade in which it becomes a bit creamier. Projection is quite good and it lasts around six hours. Overall I quite like this fragrance and would recommend it for a night out clubbing.

My overall score 7.5/10