Reviews by Nosey49

Nosey49's avatar
    Nosey49

Lonestar Memories by Tauer

Excellent. Definitely a brother/sister to LADDM. To my nose a cross between LADDM and Jeke. Wore it for the first time yesterday and kept smelling my wrist all day. Probably not for everyone, especially those who most admire the popular, mass-produced "safe" fragrances. If you want to smell great while standing out from the crowd, this may be for you. Since not everyone will like it, get a sample first.

19 June, 2014

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée by Chanel

I received this as a "throw in" to make a swap with another basenoter possible and wasn't really expecting to use it. Was I hugely surprised! This is an absolutely fantastic fragrance and gets more compliments that anything else in my wardrobe.

It's just smoooooooooooooooooooooth.........................and sophisticated.

12 May, 2014

Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend by Phaedon

I'm not good at identifying notes, but this is a lot like Tobacco Vanile only better. Sillage and longevity are excellent.

13 April, 2014

Bogart pour Homme by Jacques Bogart

I really, really liked this at first but after wearing for a couple of months, it suddenly began to, well, nauseate me. I have no idea why but had to stop using it.

It is a great fragrance - if it doesn't make you sick.

11th March, 2014

A*Men: Les Parfums de Cuir / Pure Leather by Thierry Mugler

Just blind bought this. if you're looking for leather, don't go here. What you have instead is a toned-down A Men without the tar note and with a touch of mint. I think it's a fantastic fragrance and better than the three A Men and flankers I've owned: Pure Malt, Pure Havane, and the original A Men.

18 February, 2014

Fusion Sacrée Lui by Majda Bekkali

I wear fragrances not necessarily for the way they smell but for the way they make me feel. Fusion Sacree is fantastic and envelops my head with a wonderful, peaceful, comforting aroma. And, it lasts and lasts, and lasts. It is just a bit sweet for me to assert that it is perfect, but it's darn near close. Perhaps a reformulation will tone down the sweetness a bit.

Definately worth a try.

08 February, 2014

Cuir Velours by Naomi Goodsir

I'm not good at identifying and describing notes, so let me just say that I love this. For me it's all about how the fragrance makes me feel. Cuir Velours just wraps around my head with the most wonderful, soothing fragrance. Not too sweet, not spicy - just right.

03 February, 2014

Frapin 1270 by Frapin

Nice scent but not really that unique.

Sillage is OK.

Longevity is not good. Becomes a skin scent very quickly.

If it were much cheaper I would buy it and reapply during the day.

08 November, 2013

Fierce for Men by Abercrombie & Fitch

I Don't Get Fierce

I don't get the hype about Fierce. The other day I travelled 100 miles round trip to the nearest A&F store just to try it. What a disappointment! It may be my chemistry, but to me it smells a bit like a very weak, synthetic, sour version of GIT. Could it have been the tester?

What am I missing?

Pros: Reputation
    Cons: Doesn't Smell Good

05 July, 2013

Black Afgano by Nasomatto

If you want to stink, this is the fragrance for you. I don't know what else to say - it's horrible.

29 March, 2013

Legend by Michael Jordan

I give this an unqualified "thumbs up."It's Rochas Man only much better, longer lasting, with a better drydown.

For the price you won't find anyting better. In fact, if you like gourmonds, you won't find many fragrances better than Legend at any price.

09 July, 2012 (Last Edited: 09 May, 2014)

Vanille Givree des Antilles by La Maison de la Vanille

As a vanilla lover, it was with anticipation that I awaited the delivery of my order of the five samples in this line. The descriptions were enticing and I couldn't see how any of the five could be anything but marvelous.

However, when I tested the samples, i found them nauseatingly sweet.

I agree that this one is an Angel clone.

The problem for me is that all five fragrances are OVERWHELMINGLY vanilla, so much so that I most likely won't be able to use them . Still, they smell wonderful for a short time so I'll pass them along to someone more tolerant of excessive vanilla.

Update: perhaps I was overdosed on vanilla when I first tried this. In susequent use I find this to be a great vanilla and, the sillage and longevity are unbelievable. if you like vanilla, you'll love this.

Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar by La Maison de la Vanille

However, when I tested the samples, i found them nauseatingly sweet.

Update: perhaps I was overdosed on vanilla when I first tried this. In suslequent use I find this to be a great vanilla and, the sillage and longevity are unbelievable. if you like vanilla, you'll love this.

Vanille Noire du Mexique by La Maison de la Vanille

However, when I tested the samples, I found them nauseatingly sweet.

Vanille Fleuri de Tahiti by La Maison de la Vanille

25 June, 2012

Vanille Divine des Tropiques by La Maison de la Vanille

However, when I tested the samples, i found them nauseatingly sweet, especially this one.

25 June, 2012

A*Men Pure Shot by Thierry Mugler

Nothing special.The first four hours for me is a somewhat an unpleasant smell. After that, a very faint, pleasant soapy smell. I wouldn't recommend it, especially for those who expect another grourmond.

22 March, 2012