Reviews by Dayum

Dayum's avatar
    Dayum
    Germany Germany

La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Loving it! Its a very pleasant, smooth, sweet, sophisticated smell which really seems to be for ideal in the colder days and more for the night-times than anything else. I enjoy it very much for its classyness. It smells special. I would see me wearing it on special occasions such as Christmas Eve-Partys and the likes. Definitely worth a try! Thumbs up!

13 January, 2012 (Last Edited: 14 January, 2012)

Bulgari Black by Bulgari

Uhh, it smells so bad. I just have it on right now and i need to get it off. I cant smell it, its sickening. It smells very artificially and reminds me of (burned) car-tires (just as the bottle does actually). the "rubber-note is dying down" WHERE, WHEN? its all there is and it smells like burned tires all throughout its existence. Nah i find it very unpleasant and un-comforting and therefore would not recommend it to anyone! thumbs dooown!

13 January, 2012

Shalimar by Guerlain

I dont quite like it. I blind-bought it because it was oh-so praised here on basenotes. That was a mistake. It smells pretty much like joss sticks and reminds me of red-light-establishements (thou ive never been in one :). As KatiePuckrikSmells stated in her YouTube-Review the smell was considered "a perfume with a bad reputation" and that "there are three things a "Lady" never did [..], wear shalimar", this is pretty much spot on. Its not western-classy but oriental-brothelesque.. thumbs down.

Couture Couture by Juicy Couture

Its an amazing smell! Very fruity and classy. it really is a pleasant scent. Yes, one COULD figure out some irritating powderiness if you really want to, but this powderiness tends to wear off and then its pure awesomeness. I would recommend this. To me this smells even better than Chanel No.5 (and to others too, since i gave people both perfumes to compare) which i would consider similar. Its one of my favorite women's smells, and since it is exclusive and not yet wide spread it even is more attractive. Both thumbs up!

No. 5 by Chanel

THE CLASSIC! Well... maybe. but its not that good. Since i wasn't quite familiar with this fragrance till relatively recently, i was stunned by the fact that it smells THAT soapy. Its really prevalent.
    Yeah, its a decent scent, i wouldn't dismiss it or want to tell people to wear something else since it is pleasant. But its really nothing far-out there. Buy it if you want, i like it, but wouldnt fall in love with it. Neutral.

L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci

I cant come to be friends with this one. I find it very unclassy and cheap-smelling. It -even if it sounds a little harsh here- reminds my of some bathroom-cleaners. Its pretty stinging and artificially. nah, would not want to smell it on my loved-ones. (and said them so :). thumbs down