Reviews

Reviews by sallyb21

Botanical Essence No. 15 by Liz Earle

I am a fan of Number 1 Botanical Essence but this Number 15 is definitely not for me. Far too much musk /patchouli which I don't like in a perfume. I like orientals but those which are sandalwood based, not musk /patchouli. Horrid.
23rd November, 2012

Peony by L'Occitane

A pleasamt fragrance for those who like a light floral. Not very long lasting, though.

Botanical Essence No. 1 by Liz Earle

Not yet bought but on the list as a floral that lasts surprisingly well. I was not sure initially as the Liz Earle brand favours Eucalyptus in its products but the scent is a eucalyptus free zone.

Jardins de Bagatelle by Guerlain

As a lover of classic florals I still like this one, a golden oldie. Not one I buy often but good to be reminded of of it not and again.

Champs-Elysées by Guerlain

Not by any means my favourite scnet but this is one that makes a pleasant change. An occasional buy for me.

Trésor Midnight Rose by Lancôme

Not in the same league as Tresor or Magnifique but nonetheless a nice floral in the same family. Not as long lasting as Tresor and not as distinctive.

Magnifique by Lancôme

As a lover of Tresor I also really like this rose fragrance by Lancome. Not for everyone but if you like florals give it a try.

Trésor (new) by Lancôme

One of my all time favourites. I love rose fragrances and this is a delicious one. I always have a bottle around.

Paris by Yves Saint Laurent

Lovely if you love roses and florals. Beautiful long lasting fragrance. Been a favourite of mine since 1983.

Opium by Yves Saint Laurent

Thumbs up for the original Opium. Smells heady,sexy, divine. Definitely evening only . But why have they replaced it?

Belle d'Opium by Yves Saint Laurent

I love Opium but it is a very strong fragrance. This version is lighter. Love it but won't buy again until they alter the design of the bottle - the plastic delivery tube does not reach the bottom so you get loads left in the bottle that you cannot use.

Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès

I like the fragrance but I find as an EDT it really does not last very long so is not the best value for money.

Mon Jasmin Noir L'Eau Exquise by Bulgari

Got to agree with Elsie. Love this scent and I also absolutely loved Fendi Palazzo - much missed!

Jasmin Noir by Bulgari

Only recently discovered the Bulgari Jasmin Noir range and I really like this fragrance. I really like florals, orientals and florientals so this is for me. Going to be the next I buy.

Mon Jasmin Noir by Bulgari

I almost think I prefer this to the original Bulgari Jasmine Noir. Lovely fragrance.

Laughter Nuit by Space NK

Not a very long lasting fragrance but sophisticated and lovely packaging. I suggest buying in the sales for a bargain price.
28th April, 2012

Jimmy Choo by Jimmy Choo

I bought the EDP of this and like it. The EDT is surprisingly quite different though, more citrussy. Shame people think they are too old for this at 26. I am 60 and am not too old for it. And I don't buy popstar perfumes.
28th April, 2012