Reviews by smellzgood

Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

This is a nice little fragrance, but sadly underwhelming. Top notes are cinnamon, cardamom, with a hint of lavender/ginger. Middle is clean linen. Once dry it is powdery vanilla. Not that the success of a fragrance should be measured by this, but I can't catch the scent 10 minutes after applying it. Occassionally, I will catch the faint vanilla. It wears close to the skin with absolutely no projection or sillage. Starts of well, but loses stamina and complexity almost immediately. I would not purchase this again.

16 January, 2012

Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani

The lemon and bergamot opening is accurate and starts off somewhat nicely. The dry down, however, is less desireable: the result is a pungent, peppery amalgam with a slight bitter citrus note blended in. Even when applied moderately, it burns the nostrils. I don't like this one much but I wear it because I have a bottle lying around. I did receive a compliment on this scent today from a woman at my office. Apparently she really likes it. The projection must be adequate. I would not buy this one again. As a side note, longevity is now at 5 and a half hours and still going.

12 January, 2012 (Last Edited: 13 January, 2012)