Reviews by cinamaron

cinamaron's avatar
    cinamaron

Eau de Pamplemousse Rose by Hermès

This fragrance started out as a refreshingly bright grapefruit, not chemically sharp at all. Grapefruit isn't my favorite scent, but this was a really pleasing light version of it. It was backed by slight florals and wood. The wood came out a little stronger the longer it was on, the grapefruit backing down but still retaining a presence. The woods and grapefruit were an unexpected but beautiful combination.
    However, the longevity of this perfume was super short on me! Within an hour or two I couldn't smell it at all, which is very sad considering how much I liked the scent.

26 January, 2012

Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès

This started out as a bright blast of sweet orange, but it was a natural orange peel kind of scent, not chemical-y at all. As the day went on the orange was smoothed out with vanilla, and the sandalwood and cedar started to come out. It's a very warm, dense perfume that lasts all day. The woods make it more of a unisex fragrance- men or women could easily wear this.

I was walking out in the cold the day I tried this fragrance, and as I huddled into my scarf the perfume was very comforting! Definitely good for cold weather.

18 January, 2012

Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain

On me, this perfume started out as a sharp, almost peppery burst of bergamot. It did not smell sweet at all, and was instead intriguingly spicy. It soon mellowed down, however, and the orange, florals, and vanilla started coming out, creating a sweetness while still retaining some of the spiciness of the start.
    In the end, though, I would be hard pressed to say that this fragrance is anything special. It is definitely pleasant and very wearable, but not as exciting as the initial whiff of fragrance set it up to be.

16 January, 2012

L'Eau Ambrée by Prada

This is a very soft, cloudy blanket of a fragrance. It is warm and a little powdery around the edges. It does not smell briny or citrus-y at all on me, but I can smell a little bit of an earthy, herby undertone beneath the amber and vanilla (perhaps the patchouli?). Altogether it creates a very incense-y effect.

16 January, 2012