Reviews by Olive94

Olive94's avatar
    Olive94

Fleur du Male by Jean Paul Gaultier

Fleur du Male is probably the most unusual male scent ive ever smelt whilst at the same time not being able to fit into a females perfume collection because even though there is a strong burst of orange blossom throughout there is still a masculine tone to it, it's just not a women-esque scent no matter how feminine it is. It starts with heaps of strong florals and continues much the same but unleashes soft woods and oriental, light spices that don't change the florals but add to them which sort of dilutes their potency. By about 7/8 hours it fades to a very similar scent to the complete dry down of le male (much better than the original harsh mint of le male). This will project with 2 sprays for about 7 hours and then last as a semi-close skin scent for ages. I sprayed some yesterday morning and this morning i can still smell it. Lasted 24 hours, 2 showers, being outside in the rain and with general wear. I love this stuff!

18 February, 2012

Kokorico by Jean Paul Gaultier

This just isn't a JPG!!! It's so radically different from his other signature scents such as Le Male, Fleur du Male, Gaultier2. Honestly, I don't really like it. To me for the first 2/3 hours it is a mess - smells like pure musk with bits of wood and spice. Really similar to Bang Bang by Mac Jacobs but a little sweeter, like a vanillary sweetness. After 3 hours it is much more pleasant as if the smells that were previously disjointed have merged together. However even then it is very generic.

Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein

It is a very average scent. The smell for the first 2 hours is a typical male scent - suede/woods/aquatic spice. After 2 hours it fades into nothing unless you press your nose and take an unhealthily deep inhale from the point of where you sprayed it. It's a nice scent but it seems a little pointless.

Love in Black by Creed

Okay, I'm not even going to comment on the price because £85 for 30ml is expensive for anything so i'll leave that aside. The fragrance: You NEED to try this on your skin because smelling just the bottle sprayer thing is not a good indication. At first spray and for the forst 15 mins ish this is disgusting. Smells like pure starch and potato it's tricky to properly describe but the smell would not be uncommon if you were in a room full of cat piss. However after 15 mins it develops in a beautiful fragrance - the transformation is remarkable, It turns into a pure violetty, sweet fragrance that was excellent sillage/projection and all the rest. It smells exactly like the parma violets sweets. Pretty damn nice. BUT like I said before, it's overpriced.

Bang Bang by Marc Jacobs

POWER! To my nose, this smells of pure dry spice and heaps of pepper. Smells a little like gravy with woods thrown in. I can understand why someone would like this because it has great sillage/projection and the spice makes it really masculine, but I find it a little too over powering and peppery, almost to the point of uncomfort. For people who like a scent to 'develop' and change, which I think is a ridiculous way of judging a fragrance, this doesn't. It's just a huge splash of woody/spice/pepper and the smell just settles down - no changes here.

Only The Brave by Diesel

I don't think reviews even need to be made for this product, every human being who knows civilisation will have smelt this scent. It's great and projects and whatever else, but it is so common that it completely takes away the novelty of having a 'personal smell' a smell which people think of your name when they smell it. This would leave people struggling to name the many 10's of people they've smelt this on. Yet, a really cool, masculine, motorbike/oil/leather/spicey scent.

Paul Smith for Men by Paul Smith

This is a beautiful fragrance. Very summery, but can be worn all year round. It smells really clean and doesnt really smell of anthing imparticular. However, I do agree with the guy talking about the freshy mown grass smell, that's the vibe it gives off. The longevity and projection isn't that great, I think Mr. Smith needs to be having words with Mr. Gaultier about that, but it's a nice fresh fragrance nonetheless.

Diesel Zero Plus by Diesel

This is a very immature fragrance, I used to wear this when I was about 10 or 11 without knowing what it was my mother sprayed me with every morning. I'm joking, but the point I'm trying to emphasise is that it is very 'one tone', the scent doesnt change over time, but why should it need to, it's a nice scent. It's like spicy, yet sweet and mellow suede - yeah, exactly that.

Cool Water by Davidoff

Cool Water is an absolute classic. There is a reason why since 1988 it has remained on the boots/superdrug etc top shelf. It's a great summer fragrance, Full of fresh aquatic/green vibes, girls seem to like it too.

Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

THIS SCENT LASTS FOREVER AND A DAY! I had a spray in a shop and the initial very alcoholly blast put me off a little. After about 20 minutes it blends into a spicy vanilla scent. I personally struggled smelling any lavender or mint but there you go. I really don't see what the big fuss is with this fragrance. However, the sillage/projection/longevity cannot be faultered.

Boss in Motion by Hugo Boss

I don't know why everyone is saying it's so overly sweet and 'cloying' and whatever, how many sprays are you guys putting on?! This is a reasonably strong scent and 3/4 sprays max will do the trick. I'm not even going to talk about the top notes because as soon as you apply, within 2 minutes they're completely gone and it simmers into a fruity/vanilla/ slightly spicy concoction. I don't know why but after 3 hours I struggle smeeling this on my own skin, but the smell is still projecting to other people. The longevity is good, but the sillage pretty much completely dies within 2/3 hours in the cold and about 3/4 hours in the warm. Still, i recommend this fragrance for both cold winter nights and fun summer days, its very versatile.

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

Quite a citrusy and lemony opening, but not at all in a bad way, it is fresh and gives you the 'just got out the shower' vibe. The drydown releases the more woody and spicy scents which literally last all day. I can still smell it on me the next morning after applying 24 hours before, that's after having a shower too. The sillage/projection is pretty good, you can easily smell it at mid-quarters but it doesnt drown whoever is standing in close proximity to you.