Reviews by stephend

L'Air du Desert Marocain by Tauer

One of my very favourite fragrances. I swoon with the cedar on the dry down. It stays with me all day and more. It's very hard to find a fragrance that lasts so long. What does Mr Tauer add? Same goes for Lonestar Memories.
    I like Lonestar Memories but it's a more difficult fragrance. I can't just wear it anywhere. Whereas L'air du desert is a sumptuous friend that I don't worry about inflicting on others.

13 August, 2014

24 Old Bond Street by Atkinsons

Loved it. Not sure why it's categorised as a women's fragrance. Big trouble was ... I doused myself in 2ml and it was gone in 10 minutes.

10th August, 2014

Lonestar Memories by Tauer

I love this and it just lasts forever. Redolent of burning rubber it's not for every occasion. Certainly stands out from the run of the mill perfumes.

11th July, 2014

Incense Rosé by Tauer

Dry and intense incense ... church incense? Like many of Andy's fragrances this one makes me swoon. Good longevity. I love it ...
    I mainly agree with ClaireV but I like the protracted dry and resinous phase.

04 July, 2014 (Last Edited: 09 July, 2014)

Anima Dulcis by Arquiste

Cosy, spicy and smokey. Others have said it far better than I ... I enjoy wearing it!

06 February, 2014

Infanta En Flor by Arquiste

I didn't like it at first (air freshener? that's an insult to a great perfumer and I don't think that on my return). On second wearing I quite like it but it's a bit too floral (or at least the wrong kind of floral) for me so I probably won't buy it.

27 January, 2014

Passion Boisée by Frapin

Spicy. Nice enough but I probably wouldn't buy a bottle

18 January, 2014

cK one by Calvin Klein

Nice fresh fragrance but doesn't last long. It's good it's not too dear as you may need to keep applying it ... more clutter for the handbag!

10th February, 2012

Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

Lasted the day well. Lemony. At first I thought it was bit conservative ... but at the end of the day it was nice to have around.

08 February, 2012

Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa by Acqua di Parma

I tried this one because the shop didn't have a sample of the ordinary aqua di parma. I like it. It lasted the day and had a nice sharp full tang. Hyacinth.

24 January, 2012 (Last Edited: 27 January, 2012)

Tom Ford for Men by Tom Ford

A fragrance that's really nice to spend the day with. That's good because even after a shower it lingers! But (maybe because I'm a beginner) a description of exactly what the fragrance is eludes me. It's just great to find a fragrance that goes the distance without becoming stale.

22 January, 2012