Reviews

Reviews by dancehallwraith

Héritage by Guerlain

Objectively, I know that this scent is like others and is made up of notes, but I don't experience it that way at all. It's a heavenly orange glow like the old Ready Brek adverts. I wear it for work (just a little; it's *strong*), and it feels like it carries me through the day. An odd review, I know, as I haven't mentioned the smell, but with my very favourite perfumes I don't care about that at all compared to the effect they have on me. Heritage makes me calm and happy, so I love it.

As an aside, the intro is utterly bizarre, like having sherbet blown up your nose. It is utterly unrelated to the rest of the scent, and disappears almost immediately. The very definition of top notes being "just for you", they make you laugh out loud. Which is a great way to start a work day.
21st January, 2012

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme by Guerlain

A good remix of a tune rebuilds a track around a wholly new element then adds parts of the original back in, usually messed with, so that you get the familiarity of the original but hear it in a new light. In this case I'Instant has been carefully rebuilt around a massive shot of cocoa, making it even warmer and cosier than the original. There's a fleeting glimpse of the familiar lemon rind in the intro, then it quickly jumps into a cocoa + dusty woods glow that lasts for ages. It smells nothing like old and much loved jumpers, but it feels that way.

I was forced to choose between the EDT and this I'd pick the EDT for its greater complexity, but I'd sorely miss this. Buy the EDT, fall in love with it, then buy this too.
21st January, 2012