Reviews by Vellyr

Vellyr's avatar
    Vellyr

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

I liked this the first time I smelled it, but since the second wearing it's been awful. I don't know if the juice went bad or what, but now all I get is a pungent industrial bombardment of burning plastic and sawdust.

15 April, 2012

Black XS by Paco Rabanne

At the start there's a very fresh strawberry note on a green woodsy background, like you mowed over a patch of wild strawberries. As it dries down it becomes smoother and more shortcakey. Longevity is not so great, but still an amazing and unique scent.

08 April, 2012

Versace Man Eau Fraîche by Versace

Smells like very nice soap with a hint of, for lack of a better word, a very "Indian" oriental/incensy undertone. Definitely a winner.

18 March, 2012

Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

Smells ok, but there's this weird salad dressing accord that puts me off.

18 March, 2012

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

Definitely a cut above the rest. Complex, bright, flowery and spicy, but with a solid base of woodyness to keep it from taking off into feminine territory. Bought it the instant I smelled it.

12 February, 2012

Brit for Men by Burberry

Not a bad smell, clean and sophisticated. The "department store" smell is the best way I can describe it. Utterly generic. Longevity was not so good on me, only about 5 hours. Will not buy a full bottle.

03 February, 2012 (Last Edited: 24 February, 2012)

Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge by Bulgari

This is definitely a feminine scent. I really wanted to like it because it smells good, but I just don't think I can pull it off. Maybe I'll try to give it to one of my female friends. Longevity on me was amazing. Went strong all day and I could still smell it on my clothes the next.

Edit: I think I've come to appreciate the unisex appeal. A great scent that I'll be making part of my rotation.

03 February, 2012 (Last Edited: 24 February, 2012)

Axe Dark Temptation / Lynx Dark Temptation by Axe / Lynx

Smells great, lasts all day. The opening is a bit chemical and pungent, but once it dries down it smells like fresh-baked chocolate-chip cookies. Who doesn't like that? As expected from a body spray, sticks very close to the skin.

03 February, 2012