Reviews by Elsie

Elsie's avatar
    Elsie

Fleurissimo by Creed

Very elegant, dignified floral fragrance. Not overly sweet and powdery as some can be. There wasn't anything about this fragrance that I disliked, but overall it lacks that certain je-ne-sais-quois to be among my favorite fragrances.

A very wearable and pleasant scent, but I have to say that the bottle (or rather, the cap) is something of a disappointment, and not something I would be proud to display on my dressing table!

28 August, 2012

Boudoir by Vivienne Westwood

Not for the faint of heart!

This is a heady, sweet scent which just begs for you to have a boudoir of your own in which to seduce men! I really love it (I also really love Coco Chanel and although they are not the same, they are both heavy, cloying, sweet orientals), but even I tend to only wear it after dark or on special occasions.

The sillage is fantastic and men seem to love it. The bottle is a work of art and far too pretty to throw away! I bought my first bottle at seventeen and am now nearly twice that age and on my twentieth bottle and the love affair is far from over.

The original Boudoir is simply the best, the rest don't even come close for me. One of my all time favourites!

Mon Jasmin Noir by Bulgari

I used to wear Fendi's Palazzo and was devestated when they discontinued it. I loved the chic, not sweet, but powdery drydown of it. I couldn't find anything else that came close to it until Bvlgari released this scent - and it's soooooo much better than Palazzo ever was!

What I like about about this fragrance it how completely and utterly timeless and classy it is. Not too sweet, cloying, musky or too anything in fact - it is beautifully balanced and sophisticated. You could imagine one of those immaculately presented screen sirens of old wearing it, looking effortlessly stylish and stunning. It is a very easy to wear scent during the day, but could also be worn at night, as it has sexy depths that most florals simply can't match.

I LOVE this scent and will be wearing it for many years to come!

Ellenisia by Penhaligon's

One of my most favourite florals of all time. So pretty, but not too granny-ish. It lasts well and I'm always being complimented whenever I wear it. Even the bottle is perfect on my dressing table!

There is nothing sexy about this fragrance it's all classy innocence, so not for night wear, but perfect for happy days out with the family picnic-ing in the countryside!

Infusion de Tubéreuse by Prada

A beautifully subtle fragrance, perfect for wearing during the day in the warmer months. A sophisticated scent with none of the cloying sweetness traditionally associated with heady white blooms, like tubereuse.

The perfume smells very powdery and creamy, with subtle licks of petitgrain, blood-orange and some green notes all being married together with a carefully balanced (and not over-powering) tubereuse.

It is never an obvious scent and I never feel that I have put too much on (no matter how much I apply) and yet it has staying power that I wouldn't have expected from such a quiet scent.

Such a shame that it's limited edition!

Mon Jasmin Noir L'Eau by Bulgari

Doesn't smell very Jasminy to me (but that really doesn't bother me)3. It's a very powdery, dry, floral scent, that is very sophisticated and chic.

I love it. It's very reminiscent of another scent that I loved, but is no longer available, Fendi Palazzo.

06 February, 2012