Reviews by aniliini

aniliini's avatar
    aniliini
    Finland Finland

Mediterraneo by Carthusia

Sunny and juicy clean lemon scent with suprisingly good lasting power for a citrus perfume. Almost a little bitter scent of lemon zest, not too sweet at all. I have not found anything quite like it though I'm a citrus enthusiastic and religiously smell every citrus perfume that comes my way.

I have this also on a solid perfume and it works just as well in that form.

Malabah by Penhaligon's

I have loved this fragrance fiercely ever since I found it years ago after accidentally wandering in Penhaligon's shop in London on my holiday. It opens with fresh ginger and lemon, spicy cardamon and earl grey tea mix wonderfully with them when the frangrance matures on skin and at last rose and woody notes warm this to a unique scent that lingers close to skin for ages.

Defintely worth trying if you're looking for a crisper, lighter oriental perfume.

Par Amour Toujours by Clarins

Raspberries and roses, a match made in heaven! No staying power at all, at least I have to reapply very often and so my bottle is almost finished. I was terribly sorry to learn this was discontinued, I would have liked another bottle.

Lily of the Valley by Penhaligon's

Very very green, cool and powdery white perfume with amazing lasting power. This is lovely and yet a little old fashioned. It reminds me of spring and the dense green and white blanket of fragrant flowers that covers the forest floor, leaves still wet from passing rain. Almost virginal/bridal in it's innocence. To me, this fragrance is very Finnish as it is our national flower as well. I do love this, but also tend get bored with it very fast and wear it only occasionally.

Blu Mediterraneo Tuscan Cypress / Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma

I was at first very happy with this clean pine/lavender/rosemary scent, but after the first love dissolved I now smell cheap artificial toilet freshener and something almost fishy in the first notes. After a while the smell settles and becomes ok, but I never spray it close to my face any more because I can't stand that first whiff.

Aqua Allegoria Laurier-Réglisse by Guerlain

This would be a wonderful fragrance if longevity were better. I smell crushed leaves and flower stems, very green and bright like working in a greenhouse but no staying power whatsoever. I usually spray my clothes and this way I can still smell this at lunch time.

Agua Brava by Antonio Puig

Very nice, cologne like perfume with lots of pine sap and spices. My husbands loans this occasionally and it smells heavenly on him as well.