Reviews by Theallmikey

Vetiver by Guerlain

This is one classy perfume for sure. The first time I smelt it, I didn't like it that much; it was just way too harsh for my nostrils. Years later I gave it another go, and I suddenly imaged being in an early 60's smoke filled bar where 30+ year old gentlemen with suits talk about life. I liked that, so I decided to buy it and I'm glad I did.
    Because of the really harsh start (it is really spicy to me: it might be the corriander) some people might call this perfume "old", but give it a few minutes and that harshness will go away. It stays spicy, but the citrus goes away (quite fast really) to reveal a pleasent warm woody note that last for quite a long time, but is not obnoxiously present (or stink). I can wear it with confidence for just about every occasion. I like it a lot!
    You should give it a try and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

This EDT is simply amazing! I heard so much about it, being the essential gentleman perfume, but some sources warn the reader that this perfume, being so popular, may run the risk of being boring. Well I'm glad they were wrong, at least in my opinion. It is one of the freshest, lightest, and yet present perfumes I've smelled and I absolutely love it. It will work on every occasion and I love the way the notes evolve from citrus to flowery all the way to subtle wood. Longevity is just fine as far as I'm concerned.
    I think everybody should try this one out at some point in their life, and the sooner they will, the better. This is one of my favorites for sure!
    Enjoy it! I hope you will as much as I do!

Lanvin L'Homme Sport by Lanvin

I just bought this EDT and I must say that I'm really impressed. I've known about Jeanne Lanvin for a while but never got the change to actually smell one. Well I didn't pay much for this perfume (I bought it at a mad discount) and it's totally worth it! I might not be as experienced as some (or might I say "most") of the people on this web site, but to me this perfume smells like a mix between the top and middle notes of Terre d'Hermes (particularly with that peppery accent) and the middle and base notes of Azarro Pour homme (Which I like a lot, but I find is a bit to harsh for me [and for my girlfriend]). It is fresh but with a bite and it stayed active for quite a long time. One of the best buys I made for sure, and as you might realize by now, I highly recommend it! I just love it!
    I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do!