Reviews by Cursitor

Cursitor's avatar
    Cursitor

Bois de Cédrat by Creed

I have to give Bois de Cedrat a positive rating. I've gone through bottle after ludricrously priced bottle of this, and it never tires for me. The bright lemony top notes give way to a sophisticted woody dry down with real freshness and flair.

It's defintely in the 'classsic' category and doesn't make concessions to modernity, but if it's been this good since the 1890's, why not?

The issue, as others seem to have noticed too, is longevity. Sillage is fine, but really you don't get much out of this after a couple of hours at best, hence the high consumption rate. I'd hate to see Creed mess around with such a favourite, but it would do wonders for my cheque book if they sorted that issue out...

26 February, 2012

L'Autre by Diptyque

A powerful, spice based fragrance which will not be to all tastes. Bold cumin and coriander seed soften out into dusty asffron and wood nots on the dry down, revealing a certain unconventional elegance and more than a hint of what I will generously call humanity.

Try before you buy, this is a polarising scent which induces rapture and disgust in equal measure. A great favourite of mine, but one to wear for yourself, and almost certainly 'nsfw' as they say.

26 February, 2012