Reviews by Erok32

Erok32's avatar
    Erok32

1899 Ernest Hemingway by Histoires de Parfums

This is essentially a dryer, softer Spicebomb. 1899 is a bit more mature, lacking the density and sheer heaviness of the Viktor and Rolf offering. I feel that this is also more versatile.

03rd February, 2015

24 Old Bond Street Triple Extract by Atkinsons

The scent is great. It's very fresh and uplifting. It's versatile, but would be better suited for spring/summer. However, even as a more potent version of the original 24 Old Bond Street, the longevity is poor.

02nd January, 2015

Dries Van Noten par Frederic Malle by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

The opening of this is absolutely amazing; semi-sweet vanilla, almost gourmandish. The drydown is overly powdery and pungent.

I can however appreciate the authenticity of the sandalwood/vanilla opening, and I can see this being coveted by some. Also, I continue to come back to my sample because it's intriguing. This could be a potential future buy.

28th December, 2014 (Last Edited: 13th January, 2015)

Oud by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Unbelievable...Oud and patchouli are prominent. It has an almost smokey, incensy, resinous vibe to it. The projection is quiet, but enough to know that it's there. It's very unique and elegant. If not for the price it would be a must buy for me.

22nd January, 2014

L.12.12 Noir / Black by Lacoste

Not sure about this one

L 12 12 Noir smells fantastic. It's slightly sweet, yet fresh, and is suitable for all occasions. However, the longevity is pretty poor. If I spray this on my arm, it's undetectable within an hr or 2.

Pros: Scent
    Cons: Longevity

22nd May, 2013

Vanille Mokha / Vanille Café by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Every prior review is spot on. Freshly brewed coffee with cream and sugar. Very linear and not very versatile, but very good nonetheless.

18th April, 2013

Déclaration d'Un Soir by Cartier

Very pleasant. Floral, fresh, and slightly sweet. I think I'm buying this.

28th September, 2012

Euphoria Men Intense by Calvin Klein

Love it. Smells not so similar to the original, which I also like. This reminds me of givenchy play intense or a spicier version of pure malt. Sits close to the skin but longevity is pretty good at around 8 hrs.

13th September, 2012

cK One Summer 2012 by Calvin Klein

Very nice sweet melony opening but dries down to a citrus which is reminiscent of many many other fragrances. After first 5 mins stays close to the skin. Nice but ordinary.

13th September, 2012

New Haarlem by Bond No. 9

I'm not sure how people can compare this to Rochas Man. The only similarities I can find are that they are both sweet, and contain vanilla. Otherwise, New Haarlem is far more complex and unique. I love both, but they do not smell remotely alike.

06th September, 2012

HiM by Hanae Mori

Smelled the EDT. It's spicy and warm, with a prominent cedar note. I immediately thought of a more woody spicebomb. I like it.

06th September, 2012

Very Sexy for Him by Victoria's Secret

The scent is amazing but the longevity is dismal. If this were offered in an EDT it would surely be my signature scent. I now only wear it at night in doors. A thumbs up because of the scent and the price.

27th August, 2012

Polo Explorer by Ralph Lauren

Very solid cooler weather cologne. It really reminds me of Burberry London. Thumbs up.

23rd August, 2012

Burberry London for Men by Burberry

Perfect frag fragrance for fall. when I smell this I think of cool/cold damp foggy weather with leaves on the ground, or a thanksgiving day walking through the woods. Very nice and unique.

07th August, 2012

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

This stuff is brutal. It smells like a combination of old man, bearing grease, and motor oil. Plus hits you like a slap in the face. Not a fan at all.

05th August, 2012

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

I love this stuff. Very sweet and fresh. This could be worn every day or for a summer night out.

04th August, 2012

Animale Animale for Men by Animale Parfums

I'll never understand negative and neutral reviews base upon the semblance or non-semblance
    To a cologne I'll reuse to mention for the time being. It's a nice smelling gourmand for a great price. Don't buy it and give it a bad review because you purchased it hoping for something in advance. It is what It is.

03rd August, 2012

Platinum Égoïste by Chanel

Extremely fresh, clean, and safe. Bad? Absolutely not. I've smelt everything from Chanel but made this my first purchase because it just smells "good", and is extremely versatile. It could easily be an every day fragrance or "signature scent" because it appeals to the masses.

02nd August, 2012 (Last Edited: 28th September, 2012)

HisStory by Avon

Synthetic but pleasant. I Smell vanilla, sandalwood, mint, and grass. I wear it casually and the the gym. I like it.

02nd August, 2012

A*Men Pure Energy / A*Men Pure Shot by Thierry Mugler

Pure shot reminds me of a B*Men sport in a sense. It's masculine, light, and resembles A*Men in no shape or form. i could see myself wearing this, but not for the price.

31st July, 2012

High Line by Bond No. 9

I wouldn't call this a completely feminine scent either. When I first tried it I was immediately taken back 20 years to my childhood. I couldn't put a finger on what it smelled like, and then I figured it out. LA LOOKS STYLING GEL! Sexy? No. Intoxicating? Nah. Clean and Fresh? Yup. I like the nostalgia that this scent means to me.

29th April, 2012

Play-Doh by Demeter Fragrance Library

Smells EXACTLY like Play Doh. Pretty unique, but I wouldn't want to smell like this.

26th April, 2012

H.M. by Hanae Mori

Starts off very lemony with a creamy vanilla and very gourmandish. Has a lemony, woody dry down. A nice gourmand for summer. It does not smell loli-popish or like cotton candy, contrary to some previous reviewers beliefs. However, I do sort of see a very very slight resemblance to Dior Homme as someone else pointed out (sort of). I believe this could be unisex. I love it. (This is for the EDP)

15th April, 2012

L'Homme Libre by Yves Saint Laurent

I love this fragrance. It's a good choice for a signature scent. Longevity is not the best. After 2 hrs or so it seems to stick to the skin, but I find myself smelling my collar all day.

09th April, 2012

Antidote by Viktor & Rolf

Classy scent. Good for office wear. Good longevity and projection. Sort of reminds me of Chanel Allure Homme. I'm not sure if I love it, but it smells fresh and somewhat interesting.

09th April, 2012

I Love New York for Him by Bond No. 9

Boring. Smells very generic and unoriginal.

31st March, 2012

Aramis by Aramis

brutal brutal brutal. Absolutely reminds me of being a kid in the 80s and smelling adults wearing this vile scent. I love fragrance of all types and rarely come across something I hate, but this takes the cake.

27th March, 2012

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Not sure why anyone would hate this except for the fact that is is so popular. It's an incredible scent which is clean and alluring. I'll awlays own a bottle.

21st March, 2012

I Love NY for All by Bond No. 9

Whomever compared this to count chocula was dead on. I like it... And so do women. Perfect for a night in watching movies.

02nd March, 2012 (Last Edited: 09th March, 2012)

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf

Very similar to Tom Ford's tobacco vanille but with much more spice and sans the high price tag. Longevity and projection are great. It's a nice scent.

02nd March, 2012