Reviews by Dmotron

Dmotron's avatar
    Dmotron

CH Men by Carolina Herrera

Smells just like new leather couch. Swede leather with some sweetness...nothing like Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford but this one is good. Last a while (surprised me because I heard it was weak and people smelt it on me afar from 3 sprays for the whole 8 hours) so that is a plus but this one can easily become cloying and it has on me quite a bit. Linear as the Swede leather is pretty much the whole theme.

Reflection Man by Amouage

This one can come of femme, or as in pretty girl or so I was told. I guess I can see their point but by no means is this a girl fragrance because of the quality. Neroli and jasmine is the main notes kicking and sometimes I get this orange candy smell like the tootsie roll orange flavor chews. Some say it's very simular to Le Male and I can see that but it's not synthetic and is rather smooth. I will agree it's for both men and women but it smells really good and if like your jasmine and neroli.

Tonka Impériale by Guerlain

Great sweet almond, baked goods fragrance but it also in a refine way and it's pretty much like that through the life of this fragrance. It's not a boomer off of your skin. Like SDV, it's weird that it seems to disappear then comes by with a wiff. If you are a guy who doens't like femme frags, stay away from this one.

Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain

It is as it's name implies....double scoops of vanilla. It's more femme than masculine but I do love my vanillas and this one takes the cake. But dispite that it's mainly vanilla, it's really not that vanilla. There are some spices and boozy feel to it which makes this wearable on men (depending on whom though). The stranges thing about this one, you think it's gone but then it wiffs around and you will catch it here and there. Can come off powdery though so be aware of that if you don't like your fragrances powdery.

Love and Luck for Men by Ed Hardy [Christian Audigier]

It's easy to wear, for both sex. It's refreshing but just doesn't last but what do you expect from a cheap fragrance. A cheaper alternative to Millesime Imperial by Creed but that is it....cheaper alternative as it's not nearly as quality as Creed MI. Little sharp at the top with citrus has. I gave this a 3 star but it's still a thumbs up because anybody can wear this and it's easy to enjoy.

Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada

Maybe for men but definetly unisex. I can see why some think this is femme because it has this...powdery and perfumy smell/vibe. Quality florals and very soapy, Prada does soapy cleans scents like no other. I can see a man who wears this dressed up/suit and it smells very professional and clean smelling. However, this is definetly signature scent worthy for any time of the year for a man and woman.

L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Summer 2013 by Issey Miyake

This one and the newest one they got for 2014 doesn't seperate themselves as they seem to be the same. It's all citrus and little bit of florals from here on out. Doesn't last as long as the original but it's a lighter version of the original. When this did last on me everyone knew I had it on, it's pretty aromatic. Having the original is more than enough as this buy would really be a redundant buy unless you are trying to collected all of the summer editions.

Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada

As what Prada does best, soapy scents but this one does it differently. It's soapy but but darker as in has a little bit of smokiness and vanilla/amber thing going on but just the right amount. It was linear on me which I didn't mind at all. It's stays classic dispite being a different take on soapy as you can still smell the DNA from the Original. Right amount of sweetness from the vanilla/amber scent, incense and much more masculine than the original. IMO, the best from the house for men.

Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Strong Amber, smokey and super super dry and very sweet. This one is pretty much linear but is very challenging expectially at the beginning. It's name applies to what it is, Amber (or the king of ambers if you will) and this is about as amber as you can get. Can come off as too mature (I see my grandmother wearing this). For me it's neutral but I still rate this a 4 out of star only because it's done so well as expected from this house and its what I expected. Amber fans may find this the holy grail for pure amber based frags.

Duro by Nasomatto

This has a sweaty like aroma with rugged rough leather...nothingsweat about this. its bold and aggressive that's all you need to now about this.

01st April, 2013 (Last Edited: 04 April, 2013)

Black Afgano by Nasomatto

It's not as hard to wear like Duro is but can be challenging. I find the sweetness added in this very nice with that forresty feel. I does have that little stinky smell to it but only if you get up on it. iDistance away it smells good. I like this one but I would ne in the mood for this...its also medicinal.

01st April, 2013

A*Men Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler

This is very good. The woody and fruity scent together is a very nice touch, making it boozy. I haven't came across any woody scent like this, or anything like this for that matter. I do get some metallic scent from it as well...which isn't that appealing. Not to sure ladies really fall for this stuff like many say but I like this a lot. This isn't a holy frail frag but very solid and will be in my rotation.

07 July, 2012

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

It's basically a toned down version of A*men with the tar note taken out and replaced it with a sweet cigar. Or its also a tone down Tom Ford TV, anyhow I like this more than both...I find TV too powerful and a*men a bit vile so this is perfect. Nobody says it simular to Burberry London but when I sprayed it on my chest and threw my shirt on and that tobacco really shined like London compare to when I sprayed it on my arm and it pretty much took that a*men path. My lady liked it a lot.

30th May, 2012 (Last Edited: 03 June, 2012)

Black XS by Paco Rabanne

Tested it and to me its good. College dude, someone in their 20's? Unisex? I don't know for sure but its not sexy but does smell like something you eat. Strawberry pie, I'd wear this at home only if I did own this but I can see someone Rollin to the clubs in it. Younger ladies probably love this but 30 and up might like it but might find it a bit immature. On that smells good and from what I know there isn't any gourmond scent that goes at srawberry scent like this so its unique.

28 May, 2012

Baldessarini Ambré by Baldessarini

Very good price for the scent. On my skin I get a lot of violet at the beginning and in the background at the end. Sweetness is obviously coming from Apple and whiskey. If you don't like violet leaves smell this is probably not for you but despite that smell its masculine imo. Scent is great and is going to be in my rotation no doubt. For older men yes but even younger men should give this a shot. Projectio /silage is very solid for 3 hours then gets closer to the skin but last about 6-8 hours. Can't complain about that.

20th May, 2012

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

Smells kinda like root beer. Not saying its bad scent but not the best either. Longevity is a beast. Projection is a beast...gotta give a thumbs up for that.

06 May, 2012 (Last Edited: 20th May, 2012)

Dirty English by Juicy Couture

Nice scent, longevity isn't good but I just have a decant of this stuff while go out with this on and fresh n up if I feel its faded away. Projection isn't bad, but I'd like better I would want someone else to smell this. This is discontinued and is cheap so if you like this a lot I'd get it now.

29 April, 2012

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme by Guerlain

Very nice and classic, got this in a 4ml decant and like it a lot. I don't think this is as wearable as some might say...some Like to wear it for work but I don't think its work is worthy for its scent. IMO is wear this to a special event with a suit and a tie. I'd might even where it to a family event like thanksgiving. All and all, great scent with exceptional projection/silage and longevity. I'll continue just buying decants because I won't be using it a lot unless I find a great deal...and the bottles is collectable worthy.

28 April, 2012

Individuel by Montblanc

I've just tried to wear Joop on one wrist and individuel in the other. I do smell simular but Joop is more on the candy sweet side to where individuel is sweet but cleaner...almost soapy in a good way. Joop is a bit more powerful but Mont blanc isn't weak itself. If Joop is too sweet candy-ish try this one. More I wear this the more I'm becoming impressed with it.

Update: as of for me, I've actually have pretty much neglected creeds original santal and know am using this more. I've sold my original santal and when I run out of induviduel I'm gonna get the bigger bottle. OS and Joop has more in common than do this one. This one has a cleaner (like lavender) to me and I do like this more. 27$ for a 2.5 ounce not bad at all.

26 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 25 June, 2012)

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

The best of the pour Hommes in the Dolce and Gabbana house. Scent is very good, longevity is very good, projection is moderate. The flankers on this cologne is good but none of them seem to last on my skin (well, D&G the one gentlemen isn't good). Though it's not a masterpiece in my eyes it is a classic. You can use this fragrance for about anything for anytime, if you are about 30 and up I can see you at least trying this out.

20th March, 2012

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

IMHO the best fresh scent in the designer game, and there isn't very many if not only 3 out there does what other fresh fragrances doesn't do. Longevity is the most IMPRESSIVE thing about this 8+ hours..for a fresh scent that is something else. Projection is very good for them most of the time it's on your skin. Said to be a summer, spring scent but you could pull this off in the fall and even winter expecially if you live in a place like texas. Great scent, does it's purpose plus some.

20th March, 2012

Fleur du Male by Jean Paul Gaultier

I like this scent a lot but this doesn't belong to men at all. This isn't even unisex, its for women only...just a mistake that they put it in a man section. I would love this on my girlfriend. What is le male for men its for a woman. I rate this as a neutral because its a very good fragrance, just not for a man...way too floral and powdery...but if you dig those notes then its for you. Projection and longevity is just a more amped up version of le male...WOW, be easy with the trigger.

18 March, 2012

McGraw by Tim McGraw

The scent to me is great for the price. I can smell the boozy notes, and nice woody note to. I like it but it doesn't project well after and hour and longevity is spotty, you can get 6 hours one day then under 4 the next. It's a great at home scent...that's it.

18 March, 2012

New Haarlem by Bond No. 9

Very nicely done. Gotta be in a mood to wear this but its done so wellwith that coffee and dessert scent that its worth wearing. I like gormands but not foody ones but this is a exception. unfortunately I live in Texas so we get cool weather for 3 months and for someone like me switching frags this doesn't get as much wearings but its a goody!

15 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 16 December, 2012)

Coney Island by Bond No. 9

I've just this week tried this and on paper it smells good. So I got a sample and it wasn't a spray but a splash. I put some on and I didn't get much of the margarita smell on me compare to what I got on the paper. However the scent was pretty good. My daughter said I smelled a little like egg. I though it smelt good but I guess this isn't a compliment getter like I thought it would be...i didnt here a thing from a woman unless I asked them for their opinion which as mostly of "you smell nice". Personally I like it a lot.

Antidote by Viktor & Rolf

Nice, a little of everything! Good all year round. Interesting, I like this a lot.

15 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 17 March, 2012)

Chez Bond by Bond No. 9

The reason I like this so much is for the tea note, and it's sweet. A lot like GIT at the beginning but unlike GIT it changes into something else...most interesting. GIT has arguably the best green scent to it but it stays that way which isn't a bad thing but if you don't like linear fragrances the Chez Bond is a fragrance for you. GIT stays green and Chez bond starts green and turns into a sweet tea lemon scent. Funny issue with this is it will go on strong but not project like a beast...but stay on you strong then when it turns around 5 hours or so the scent just falls off the face of thee earth. It like a magic trick you see me now you don't type of thing. I would love it if it wasn't for the longevity and the $$$.

15 March, 2012

Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

The scent is pretty good and projects awesome. I'd only would wear this on clubbing nights and I don't want to be wearing what the guy next to me is wearing so its a no for me. Ladies do like this.

14 March, 2012