Reviews by Samarkand

Samarkand's avatar
    Samarkand

Leather Oud by Christian Dior

This definitely smells masculine, but it's almost too woody; to me, it smells like a campfire that just started, with the wood burning off its oils.

I actually layered this with Amouage Memoir Men--1 spray each--and it smelled slightly better, but I can't do this scent on its own. I acknowledge that it doesn't go with my skin type. The scent itself is very warm/woody.

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

I smell like I was dipped in honey. Way too sweet for me.

Bois Rouge by Tom Ford

On my skin, this smells like a greasy rag from a mechanic shop. It's smokey for sure, but the oily rag odor kills it for me. I think it's too smokey, to be honest.

No bueno (for me). I much prefer BdP by Creed.

Bois du Portugal by Creed

Perfect example of the variance in body chemistry and olfactory senses. On me, this smells incredible; I don't wear fragrance to impress women, I wear it because I need to love smelling it on my own skin 6-8-10-12 hours later! And with this fragrance, that's what I get--a scent I love to smell.

No clue where people get the "old man smell." I have only received compliments like, "What the heck is THAT? Incredible..." and that's a nice side benefit. I love the smell on me, just wish it would last much longer like Tabarome.

This one simply doesn't last for some reason. I don't like Tom Ford's Bois Rouge because I feel it smells like a dirty, greasy rag from a mechanic shop. Too smokey, that Bois Rouge, but BdP's powder dry down is awesome (on my skin).

04 March, 2012