Reviews by cfzum1

Bois du Portugal by Creed

The lavender top notes are absolutely stunning. The woods that follow the lavender off the top create a mesmerizing aura. When I smell this my mind's eye sees purple. Purple is color of royalty and quite a befitting vision for this scent. This is undoubtedly regal and rich. After the lavender top notes fade into a sweet slightly powdery sandalwood and ceder base. I cannot pick out any vetiver. My love of BdP has not been shared by others. It received one negative visceral reaction. I am told it smells strongly of powder and flowers and is very old lady like. I will not let this perception shy me away from wearing this on a regular basis.

18 May, 2012

Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès

Dynamic scent that keeps me interested to come back for more. On one wearing I get strong minty and refreshing woody. The cyrpess and cedar woods meld together can give a mouthwash or toothpaste feel. I have found this to be due to overly concentrated application. Spray this a foot away from the body to diffuse the scent. The next time you will get an amazing dark green foliage topped with a bit of florals. This will evolve into an amazing refreshingly airy woodsy seascape. The application will make all the difference for this one. I see this is as solidly masculine.

29 April, 2012

Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Upon application the scent is harsh and medicinal. Stick with it for 10 minutes. After the rough opening the scent calms down to a deep mellow patchouli with a hint of sweetness created by the rose. I am very balanced and calmed by this creation. The combination on skin smells like a sweetened clay to me. This is similar to what I get out of the most recent forumation of Davidoff Zino. Voleur De Roses departs from Zino when applied to cloths. On clothing the rose in Voluer De Roses is much more apparent.

17 April, 2012