Reviews by Smyle12

Animale Animale for Men by Animale Parfums

The "grandfather of gourmands" and it smells just like it. Very sharp, pungent, nutty, and animalic. I'm glad I only wasted $20 on this guy. Smells like a very cheap knock-off of A*Men, although this was produced first, so perhaps Mugler perfected this scent. A couple sprays on paper and I couldn't get the sharp tobacco and old school, funky, animalic stench that accompanies the A*Men like smell of this fragrance out of my nose for a few hours!!! This is disgusting, this is cheap, and this is what you'll have to buy if you'd like to own something along the lines of finer gourmand fragrances like L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme, or of course the seminal A*Men, and for that I am sorry. I suppose it's better than nothing!!! lol

10th July, 2012

Terre d'Hermès Parfum by Hermès

Not much projection. Smells like fresh grapefruit, orange, and lemon zest to me. Even has the faintest whiff of that "rubbery note" that Bvlgari Black features so prominently. Is it a tea note perhaps, or ozone? I just received it yesterday, but either way, I certainly NOT blown away. It's primarily a sharp, well-done citrus smell that is tempered only by that one other note, which is apparently supposed to smell earthy, from what I hear. Don't believe the hype, guys. It's a great scent, and very classy too. It's unique, but that having been said, you must strongly desire to smell like fresh citrus oil and not very much else if you are going to love this. It's VERY one dimensional for all this nonsense about it being a neo-classic! LOL! Maybe you all ought to inhale through your noses sometime...

Scent 7/10
    Projection 4/10
    Uniqueness 8/10
    Versatility 10/10
    Overall: 7/10

02 May, 2012 (Last Edited: 03 May, 2012)

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

The EDT and the accompanying body wash are two of my favourite things in life right now. Nothing on Earth has the right to smell so bright, heavenly, beautiful, or fresh. This fragrance is the embodiment of what spring in heaven or perhaps some lush, verdant, distant world must smell like. Ahhhhhhh... I'm lying here in bed after using the body wash and I can't even sleep, I smell so wonderful! Thank you Theirry Mugler! :)

26 April, 2012