Reviews by senore01

senore01's avatar
    senore01

Virgin Island Water by Creed

Fantastic summertime fragrance. Wonderful, tropical vibe with the coconut, lime, rum, and musk notes. This one is great for summer outings, going to resorts, etc. Very happy with this one from Creed.

23 March, 2013

Eau Sauvage Parfum by Christian Dior

Very impressed by this new Eau Sauvage Parfum version. This updated version is destined to become a masterpiece. ESP is a very rich, masculine, sophisticated, yet subtle fragrance. It is an excellent blend of myrrh, vetiver, and leather accords enveloped in a moderately, sweet, smokey, and resinous back drop. The longevity is excellent, even on my dry skin. Sillage is moderate. A gentlemens fragrance for sure. Can be worn all seasons, day/night. Can be used as a sophisticated, classy and safe signature scent.

09 December, 2012

Bois du Portugal by Creed

Bois du Portugal is what I regard as a 'Man's Fragrance.' This is no scent for little boys. You have to be mature and confident to pull this one off. I adore this scent as it is far from the super fresh, aquatic, ozonic, Iso Super e. non-sense that is so widely produced today. Bois du Portugal is old school. It is iconic and classic. This is what a gentleman who is in the height of his career, experienced, and mature, wears. And wears proudly! I am absolutely certain that the majority of younger guys today will not like this scent, for they have been sold on the hype that a mans fragrance must be weak, with a grapefruit note opening, and bordering on being a ladies fragrance. This is not the case here. To appreciate this my friend, you will have had to have been wearing mens fragrances for 20-25+ years to know where I am going.
    This is a fantastic bergamont/woodsy/ambergris fragrance and the dry down is phenomenal. A masterpiece created by none other than the House of Creed.

14 October, 2012

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

Absolutely adore this fragrance. A realistic pipe tobacco scent with a dark, vanilla dry down? I can't even begin to tell you how beautifully this fragrance performs. I have dry skin and therefore it is difficult to find fragrances that last. However TV lasts and lasts. This is one of the best fragrances I have ever purchased. It is expensive, yes. But worth the money in my opinion. It makes me feel good and brings out a big smile on me whenever I take a sniff. Very masculine too.

10th October, 2012

Allure Homme Edition Blanche by Chanel

Lemon creme pie. A very realistic, fresh lemon opening. May be the best lemon scent I have ever sniffed. A very slight tinge of pink pepper, not over done so that it does not turn anyone away. Then in transforms into the most beautiful lemon and vanilla scent. A delicate, refined lemony, vanilla scent. This is a fantastic hot, warm weather fragrance. Chanel did it right with this one. My favorite from the allure line.

26 September, 2012

Musc for Him by Narciso Rodriguez

Pure elegance in a bottle. Niche quality all the way. Even better than the original juice. The men's Musc version is more versatile, pleasant and luxurious. More men should try this one. I am also very please with its longevity. A new power house.

22 July, 2012 (Last Edited: 23 July, 2012)

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf

I like Spicebomb. It can be overly sweet just don't apply too much. It has a nice pink pepper/cinnamon vibe going. It is a step up from One Million. But, I must say that Spicebomb is over priced for sure. I have even layered Spicebomb with Lalique White. It is a fantastic combination which gets me many compliments.

20th July, 2012

Dior Homme by Christian Dior

I have always been into the so called "Macho" fragrances since the 80's. I would not categorize Dior Homme as a "Macho" scent. But Damn!!! This juice is fantastic. I absolutely adore the pronounced iris note and the dry down. It is wonderfully unique and works so well with my body chemistry. Christian Dior hit the nail on the head with this one. It breaks with common tradition as far as men's fragrances goes, but at the same time DH created a new level of sophistication and grandeur with this one. Men should not be afraid of trying it out. Yes, it's a tad on the feminine side, but I assure you that when you go out, compliments will be showered upon you. Give it a try.

08 July, 2012 (Last Edited: 19 July, 2012)

Dune pour Homme by Christian Dior

A pleasing, summer time scent. However, you must like the fig note in order to appreciate this one. I llike fig so I find that scent to be very good. However, I can see where a person not too keen on fig, would not want to wear. The fig note is prominent. It feels like a drier scent to me but I can pull it off well during the heat. Doesn't project well on me and longevity is not that great. However, it does it job as a summer scent only. I would rate it as a try, if you are hip on fig. Otherwise, move on to something else.

08 July, 2012 (Last Edited: 18 July, 2012)

Black XS by Paco Rabanne

Not what I would refer to as a grown ups scent. Very young fragrance. I wouldn't have worn this even in my college days. However, I can see some one up to there early 20's pulling this off and the young girls liking it.

08 July, 2012

Aqua Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

Perfect for summer time wear. It is a lighter, fresher, version of the original. And, it remains true to the original scent. It is one of very few summer fragrances that actually lasts. I enjoy it very much. Have gotten many compliments.

08 July, 2012

Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior

I have always stayed away from Iris, and stronger rose scent fragrances. But DHI, this is for me the exception to the exceptions. Their is something magical about this fragrance. Soft, sophisticated, delicate, yet manly. It is so unique and charming. The women at my place of work adore it. I will be owning this one for a long, long time.

23 June, 2012

City Oud by Dueto Parfums

Way too feminine for a man's fragrance. Gave this one to my wife. No way I would wear this. I love Dior Homme and DHI, but this, totally non masculine.

21st June, 2012

Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada

This is a great, distinctly masculine fragrance. It is different from most of the sweet. overly feminine, "Male" fragrances produced today. This scent is regal and warm. Women love it. This is quality juice. It is great for both office and evening wear. It is never over powering. A great parfume for daily wear. Give it a try.

03 May, 2012 (Last Edited: 15 May, 2012)

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

This is a different take on the Chanel men's line. It's different, masculine, fresh/clean, and lasts on the skin. It is quality juice. Kudos to Chanel

23 April, 2012 (Last Edited: 11th April, 2013)

Égoïste / L'Égoïste by Chanel

This is a real man's fragrance. Not the watered down, half feminine type of scents which the younger guys are accustomed to. Egoiste is what a cologne was meant to me. Lasting power, masculine, robust in character.

23 April, 2012