Reviews by angelaira

No. 22 by Chanel

My mother bought a bottle of this perfume in Jamaica in 1969 or something, and wore it the following week to marry my father. She has been a fan ever since, and she simply cannot understand why on Earth she can't buy this at the mall anymore. I feel her pain, as she begs me to find it in my travels, and so I spend lots of time searching for it, and very little time actually finding it.
    The key note in this fragrance is Lily of the Valley, it is sweet, and yet sensuous. I could never wear it, as it reminds me too much of my mother, but I still love it, as it reminds me of my mother.

No. 5 by Chanel

This perfume was so avidly promoted on a friend's Open Diary page a few years ago, that I went out and bought it. To me it has a baby-powder esque-ness (that is so not a word, lol!) that cannot possibly be escaped. When I think sexy I think My Sin by Lanvin, or Coco by Chanel. When I think, what bottle of perfume is still sitting in my car? Oh yeah, Chanel No. 5... picture the really attractive blonde in the corner that is gorgeous right up until she opens her mouth, and yes, there you have it...

Mon Peche / My Sin by Long Lost Perfume

This is one of the truly must-have classic fragrances. Jayne Mansfield wore it in Promises, Promises, and the book "The Bombshell Manual of Style" reviews it best. It was that review that prompted me to buy the new version, and after wearing that version I am now waiting on a bottle of the original ordered from Etsy.
    As it says in the book "Unleash the forbidden, intoxicating radiance of Pandora's box, and you've experienced My Sin". It also doesn't help me that my husband's military name was "Sin", lol, this perfume is one he adores, and one that I adore just as much. When you spray this one on your skin, nothing you do for the rest of the time you wear it can possibly seem ordinary.
    How this fragrance has ceased to be produced by Lanvin, we shall never know, it is one of the great mysteries, but it is a must-have.

Lauren by Ralph Lauren

This perfume is mentioned in the book "The Bombshell Manual of Style" under the category "Fragrances a Bombshell Never Wears".
    I disagree. This fragrance is what a Bombshell would wear when trying to wear eyeglasses to seduce a man that hangs out at the library.
    It is a beautiful fragrance, and I have loved it ever since I got a sample of it for my mom when I was about 8 years old at the mall. The sample came attached to a satin heart shaped pillow that spent the rest of it's life on the bed in my Barbie's dream house. It is a subtle fragrance, floral, but somber, sophisticated, yet the kind of sophisticated that would have a picnic lunch on the lawn at a university.
    I have this fragrance, I wear it occasionally, and it is one of many in my arsenal that will always have it's place.

Aura by Swarovski

I was in the Swarovski store last week and the salesperson insisted that I try this fragrance. It immediately reminded me of Liz Claiborne from the 80s with perhaps some extra bergamot or something along those lines. It is bright, and starts out very citrusy, like pink grapefruit, and then gets very flowery, but a little more complex that the Liz Claiborne. Overall it is one I intend to buy, it goes with my collection of bright bold strong fragrances, and yet this one is updated and modern, and for me it is must have!

Sun by Jil Sander

This is a pretty floral with the perfect name for what it is. It is tropical and fruity and flowery, yet light, like a sun dappled flower garden. This is not a fragrance I would wear every day, but if I am in a bikini with my Chanel sunglasses and my beach cover up on, it is the perfect thing.

Liz Claiborne by Liz Claiborne

I just found a big bottle of the cologne version of this at an outlet store. I had forgotten about it, but now that the bright colors and flat shoes of the 80's have returned, so has this fragrance! This fragrance evokes every girl who ever got a tan in the summer and switched to super pale lipstick to show it off, it is the big hair of fragrances, the one everyone had to have sitting prominently on their dresser, the only question was which color was your flacon? I personally had red, and I intend to have another one just like it because the cologne is too watered, this scent is meant to be bold, only the parfum version will do, and it is the scent to wear during hot lovely summers by the pool!

Coco by Chanel

Coco is the scent I adopted after Beautiful. Beautiful got me through the virginal high school years, and Coco is what I switched to when those years had passed.
    Coco is throaty, and seductive. If Beautiful is what I wear during the day, Coco is what I switch to after work, for long nights out. It lasts the whole time, and leaves a nice lingering scent on whomever I happened to get close to. These days that would be my husband, and he knows when I wear this fragrance, it is going to be an interesting night! It is one he never lets me run out of, lol! There is something about this fragrance that brings out the sultry, that helps you let your guard down and be more flirtatious, this is the "three shots into the night" feeling, in a pretty bottle.

Beautiful by Estée Lauder

I have worn this fragrance off and on for over 20 years now!! I was 16 when I bought my first bottle, after smelling it on a friend on the bus. I can't remember the friend, but the perfume is still on my shelf, and always will be.
    Many of my past boyfriends cannot smell this perfume without being reminded of incredible days spent with me, or so I have been told more than once!
    I don't think wearing this perfume every day is something everyone can pull off, but it has certainly worked well for me. I remember my manager at an old job long ago used to follow me around on days when I wore it, just to get a whiff.
    If you want something bold and beautiful and feminine, that will stay locked in the memory for years, this is the fragrance.

Xi'a Xi'ang by Revlon

This was the first perfume I ever bought. It came out while I was in middle school, just entering high school. I still remember that Christmas going to the mall and buying a gift set of it in the beautiful shiny box, and being so proud of it. The scent was beautiful on me, and I wore it for a year until I discovered Beautiful by Estee Lauder.