Reviews by

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

Where do I start with this? First let me say that I'm a big fan of Tom Ford fragrances and I'd been looking forward to trying this for a while. Well yesterday I found myself in Harvey Nichols in Leeds and so I gave it a go.

I'll leave it up to those with much more experience to describe exactly what notes are detectable and how they develop, but what I will say is that I found it awful to the point of being offensive. My girlfriend agreed and even made me get straight in the shower to scrub it off when we got home!

I'm just starting out trying new fragrances whilst I build my collection and I understand that Tom Ford can be a little 'out there' with his private blends. That said, I can't ever imagine it to be socially acceptable to smell like this. I've read the positive reviews with interest and am surprised to see that there's a lot of love for this on here so I guess it's a case of love it or hate it, but I will advise people to try this one before you buy!

20th May, 2012

Tom Ford for Men by Tom Ford

I really do like this a lot! It has a perfect balance of traditional 'manly' fragrance, yet clean and very modern.

The only issue I have with this is that it smells weak, and after a couple of hours I'm struggling to smell it at all (although I have had compliments after a few hours, so maybe it's just me who can't smell it). I've read a few reviews saying the same and suggesting TF Extreme, although when I tested this it smelt a little smokey to me. I think I may have to revist Extreme again soon.

04 May, 2012 (Last Edited: 22 May, 2012)

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf

I've nothing against sweet fragrances, but my god this is really sweet! I found as the day went on, the more sickley it became. I quite like antidote by V&R, but Spicebomb really isn't for me.

30th April, 2012