Reviews by Stendhal

Stendhal's avatar
    Stendhal
    Ireland Ireland

Vetiver by Guerlain

I've had this more than once-the ribbed bottle a decade ago and a fresh, new (boring shape) bottle I've had for a couple of months. A great scent, I love it and always will. Elegant and special, though I can see why it's not for every nose. Some people call this an 'old man scent' -nonsense.

Acqua di Parma Colonia by Acqua di Parma

I have the 180ml bottle of this and I'm bored of it (after a year). Time to hide it at the back of the wardrobe for a while. It's a great scent though and everybody should own it sometime. Citrussy, clean. Longevity I find rather poor.

Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisée by Guerlain

This is nice-daytime wear only. The Lime top note is strong and delicious, though short-lived. The mint is rather vague. A rum note is discernible, also vague. The woody base note is weak. Very poor longevity. Beautiful packaging-the bottle top is real wood. This is a summer scent. The 80ml bottle size is a good compromise-(100ml is sometimes too much, 50ml often too little.) If you already own a few bottles, this might be a nice modern addition. Mine was a birthday gift and much appreciated it was too.

Ungaro II by Ungaro

How I miss this, the first EDT I ever owned, I will never forget it either. Ungaro III not a patch on it. Classy, elegant, deliciously warm. And I loved the bottle and packaging too.