Basenotes needs your help!

If you have found this site valuable, useful or entertaining, would you be willing to support us? Our current goal is to upgrade our ageing forum system and bring it to the modern age! Find out More here

Reviews by Stendhal

Vetiver by Guerlain

I've had this more than once-the ribbed bottle a decade ago and a fresh, new (boring shape) bottle I've had for a couple of months. A great scent, I love it and always will. Elegant and special, though I can see why it's not for every nose. Some people call this an 'old man scent' -nonsense.

Acqua di Parma Colonia by Acqua di Parma

I have the 180ml bottle of this and I'm bored of it (after a year). Time to hide it at the back of the wardrobe for a while. It's a great scent though and everybody should own it sometime. Citrussy, clean. Longevity I find rather poor.

Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisée by Guerlain

This is nice-daytime wear only. The Lime top note is strong and delicious, though short-lived. The mint is rather vague. A rum note is discernible, also vague. The woody base note is weak. Very poor longevity. Beautiful packaging-the bottle top is real wood. This is a summer scent. The 80ml bottle size is a good compromise-(100ml is sometimes too much, 50ml often too little.) If you already own a few bottles, this might be a nice modern addition. Mine was a birthday gift and much appreciated it was too.

Ungaro pour L'Homme II by Ungaro

How I miss this, the first EDT I ever owned, I will never forget it either. Ungaro III not a patch on it. Classy, elegant, deliciously warm. And I loved the bottle and packaging too.