Reviews by ImTheSamYouKnow

Corduroy by Zirh

Bought this blindly when i found it cheaply on my look for a vanilla/tonka smell that is warmer yet interesting. This one is completely uninteresting and flat the vanilla is more of a powder than warm or complex. I use it as a room freshener because I don't see myself wearing it ever.
    Bottom Line: Despite a few compliments this is way too powdery, its only salvation is in its poor longevity so I can wear something else instead. The frag is too simple and bland. Smells nice just as a body spray does, despite its cheap price you're better off getting a drugstore body spray that will be more interesting and even last longer.

La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Good scent but very sweet. Not entirely masculine, more unisex. I get most of a sweet almost vanilla nut type of waft from it. I really liked it the first few times but eventually it got a little too nauseatingly sweet. It very much reminds me of a cultural desert type dish named chariest which is made of various nuts, apples, wine, and vanilla. Something I don't get from it at all is the woodsy scent I've been hearing in the reviews to me it more fades than develops into something deeper, it is a deeper sweet from the beginning and on me has almost no spice.
    Bottom Line: Very Sweet smells like a dish I'd like to eat, but also more of a fit for effeminate men or at least like someone who isn't looking for a darker or more masculine scent. Translated to "The Night" it's more formal but still not dark enough for it's name.

Kenzo Pour Homme Boisée / Woody by Kenzo

Personally I like it, as of the department store frags definitely a good one. While billed as "woody" it is certainly woodish but I wouldn't really classify it as woody. I definitely get more of a green from it, there is some cedar but lightly hidden behind an almost lemongrass kind of greenery. Average Longevity- nothing that really amazes but nothing that disappoints either.
    Bottom Line: Good frag, easy to wear and attracts compliments, but more of a clean green than earthy wood. Embodies my idea of a fresh green scent.

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

Good longevity, good smell
    But again: This is a lesson in trying it on. I found tho scent to be very hard to wear all day. On my skin it was a little spicier than expected. It made me overly nauseated. So beware this is a good fragrance but you need to make sure it isn't too sweet or spicy for you to wear all day, as it was for me. I was almost sure I was going to buy a bottle before wearing it all day.
    Final Conclusion: Good scent well made and developed deeply but can be too overbearing on the senses so definitely don't buy blindly.

21st May, 2012

Bulgari Black by Bulgari

I tried this the other day on a card and loved it, I found it to be one of my favorite scents that I've found so far. I received a sample of it to use on my skin. Unfortunately, when I actually tried it on my skin it wreaked of burnt tires. I had heard that the top notes could smell like that but that it would fade down. However, even after a fair amount of time, I'd say hours, it lingered. I had somewhere to go and the smell would not wash off. When I asked my girlfriend about it she could not even go near me. I was nauseated by the smell. I was forced to spray other cologne's over it just to mask the scent.
    Final Conclusion: Maybe the scent just didn't work on my skin because it seemed to do well on the card, but be warned it could produce a very harsh scent. If you are looking for something warmer and sweeter, even though it has been pegged as that, it is not a relaxing or remotely romantic smell.

21st May, 2012